3 - A New Beginning

The last day of our honeymoon had come. One last day in paradise. I awoke to Tae's soft lips on my cheek making me smile as I stretched in the bed. We shared a quiet moment alone drinking our fresh juice outside on the veranda where a small table for two was filled with a lovely breakfast.  His finger traced the curve of my face lazily as if he is more enamored with me than the outstanding view. His tender touch moved me more than I would like to admit.  My heart felt the familiar excitement I used to feel when he was near.  

Tae was excited too.  He seemed in the mood for fun and adventure as he animatedly showed me the brochure of fun things to do someone left on the table.  It was cute seeing the old Tae I remembered.  Together we decided to go snorkeling to do something more adventurous since our lazy days at the beach were running out. Tae made a call and we got dressed for the day. 

Me in my white bikini and braids, and Tae in his board shorts and sunglasses headed to the small skiff that was docked near our bungalow.  A very tan young man with crinkled eyes and a bright smile greeted us.  We climbed in as the little skiff rocked to and fro.  Tae held my hand till I had my balance and we made ourselves comfortable ready for another new experience.  We headed out to sea, the warm sun accompanying us with a cooling sea breeze on our faces. The scene that unfolded before us as we rounded the coast into a cove was indescribable in its beauty.

 The scene that unfolded before us as we rounded the coast into a cove was indescribable in its beauty

The vibrant colors of this natural wonder felt otherworldly.  It was like entering a magical place reserved for other beings.  After exploring for a while, we rested in a shallow, hidden cove protected from the sea. The little fish swished around our bodies tickling as they went by us. I made a surprised noise when I felt them. Tae thought I was frightened and held me close. I felt his body's warmth as he stared into my eyes in that deep blue coral lagoon. 

He is so beautiful, I thought. With all this beauty around us, he is still the most beautiful thing here. Suddenly, he kissed me with his salty lips. At that moment, it felt like we were the only two people in the world, and the only witnesses to our kiss were the little creatures swirling around us.

 At that moment, it felt like we were the only two people in the world, and the only witnesses to our kiss were the little creatures swirling around us

Tae took more pictures of us and the scenery with his waterproof camera.  It took many attempts to get a picture of himself underwater without air bubbles coming out of his nose, but he looked so pleased with himself about it I had to laugh at his cuteness.  After reviewing the pictures, we put our fins and snorkels back on and dipped our bodies into the warm wonder. Tae motioned me to follow him so we could discover more of it together. It was truly unforgettable.