Prologue

I've been a vampire for 117 years searching for a cure that I thought I'd lost forever. In 1901, at the age of 25 I was turned into a vampire by my crush. She was the girl I had dirty thoughts about and I wanted to marry her. She seduced me, drank my blood and left me to die, as she was cleaning up the little mess she made I had woken up and she bit me on my wrist once more and snapped my neck.

When I had woken up I wasn't myself, I was pale, I had glowing red eyes, and I had the sharpest teeth I'd ever seen.

I was confused and I had this thirst, a hunger that I'd never felt before. I would soon learn that I'd become a vampire and I wouldn't be the last of my kind either.

Through the years I've tried to maintain my sanity and hunger but it just gets worse for me and so I've given up on being the nice guy. Now I just take what I want.

I've also learned that there's a cure and it's taken me years to figure out exactly where it could be but now I've found it and I'm going to take it.

I closed my journal and put it in my dresser drawer.

I slipped on my shirt and walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs to my kitchen.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a blood bag.
They're not as fresh as it being straight from the vein but it's way better than animal blood.

As I started to drink from the bag I looked at an old map of the town I was in now, Crystal Cove, Malibu.