Chapter 4

Oh. My. God.

My mind was racing and reeling in a thousand different directions. My heart was beating a million times a minute and it felt like it was about to leap out of my throat. This was it. The moment I've been waiting for my entire life is finally here. What if I faint?

I rapidly looked around the room to find everyone's eyes focused on me and my necklace.

My eyes continued to shift from person to person all around the room until my eye finally caught a glowing purple heart underneath a dark blue fitted t-shirt. His tall, muscular frame walked into the dim light and my eyes locked with his.

The crowd parted as he made his way into the light. He had piercing blue eyes with small flecks of green. Oh dang. I was a sucker for blue eyes. Man, he's gorgeous. (Thank you, soulmate gods!) His face was outlined by an incredibly cut jawline and dirty blonde hair that came up into a short, messy quiff.

He slowly approached me and made his way across the room to stand directly in front of me, face to face.

"Um, hi", he said while shyly smiling and looking down at the floor.
How could such an attractive guy be so adorable and nervous?

"H-hi..." I could fell my face getting as red as a freaking fire truck. Why couldn't I think of anything else to say? The one time I actually need my brain and it decides to die on me!

I looked around the room once more to find that half of it decided that me meeting my soulmate for the first time wasn't as interesting as they had thought and continued to enjoy the party. The other half, including Sydney, Allie, and Todd, still had their eyes plastered on to our exchange of glances and small talk.

"Would you wanna go outside so we can get to know each other a little bit better without everyone watching?", he said with a smile.

I giggled and said "Sure, follow me." I led him to the back patio where it was relatively quiet, despite the muffled music. When we made our way outside, he directed me to the sofa and gestured for me to sit down while saying "Your seat, m'lady."

I fake curtsied while laughing and replied, "Why, thank you, sir. You are quite the gentleman!"

I was surprised at my quick banter with him. Usually when I was around an attractive guy, I was completely clumsy and couldn't even spit out a normal sentence. I didn't even know this guy's name yet, but it felt like I've known him forever. Most of all it felt right, like we really were meant to be.

"Umm, so I know this is probably gonna sound really weird and I don't even know your name yet, but I just got this strange feeling like I already know you, like I've known you my whole life."

He began to smile as he said, "Well my name is Hunter, and I'm gonna be completely honest and say that you don't sound weird because I feel the exact same way."

"Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. And by the way, I'm Briana but most of my friends and family call me Bree."

"Alright, Bree. So now that we know each others names, how about we learn a little but more about each other?"

I smirked and replied, "Sounds good. So what do you wanna know? I'm an open book."

Just then, the loud party music started to slow down and switched to the song "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran. They finally started to play some real music!

Just then, Hunter stood up with his hand outstretched towards me and said, "Right now, all I wanna know is if you wouldn't mind dancing with me."

Could he get any cuter? I blushed at his request and replied, "Of course I'll dance with you."

He took my hand and guided me into the rock garden underneath a tree perfectly lit up with tiny lights. He put his hand around my waist and I placed my left hand on his shoulder and we began to sway back and forth, perfectly in time with the music.

Time seemed like it stopped completely. I wanted to stay in this moment forever, with my head fitting perfectly into the crook of his neck and him holding me so close that it felt like nothing could ever harm me when he was around. I felt completely safe with Hunter.

Once the song ended, he looked into my eyes and said, "One last question: if I kissed you right now, would you be okay with that?"

My face flushed and I replied, "Well, let's find out."

He pressed his lips against mine and I immediately felt my heart swell and butterflies started forming throughout my stomach. Our lips fit perfectly together and I never wanted to leave this exact moment, when I knew that I had found the guy that I would spend the rest of my life with.

Just then, Allie popped outside and yelled, "Hey Bree -- oh, oops! Sorry, but we gotta go. We'll wait out front for you in the truck."

Shoot. Looks like my night was going to be cut a little short.

Hunter checked his phone and said, "I should probably get going too. Can I see you tomorrow?"

I continued to blush at his cuteness and said, "I should be able to see you after school if that works for you."

"Perfect," he replied, "then I'll see you tomorrow. Let me get your number first."

I smiled and grabbed his phone and proceed to type my number into his phone.

"Here you go."

"Lucky me, I have the phone number of the most beautiful girl in Westfield." I blushed as he smiled and said, "C'mon, I'll walk you out to the front."

We walked through the house past all the drunk and passed out teenagers laying around and finally made it to the front lawn.

I turned towards him, kissed him once again and said, "Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow."

He smiled and said "I can't wait."

I turned and ran to to truck and once I got in, Allie, Todd and Sydney were all asking me so many questions, I thought they'd all pass out. But I wasn't paying attention to their questions. I just kept thinking about that amazing kiss and seeing the guy that allowed me to have it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW YOU GUYS! Thank you all so much for all the views!

I AM SERIOUSLY SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR MAKING YOU GUYS WAIT THIS LONG FOR THIS CHAPTER but I pinky swear I'm gonna be writing WAAAAYYYY more often than I have been! I'm excited to be writing again!

Check out my friend's story called "Toxic Mind"! I think you guys would really like it!

Once again, thank you so much for the votes and the comments and the view because they really motivate me go keep writing this story for you guys! Let me know if you're getting anxious to see another chapter written so I know!

Love you guys! ♡♡♡