Chapter Six

Chapter Six-

       Homesick

●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡

Three months later..

“Hey ma.” I said when she answered the phone.

“Hey baby how college life?”

“Fine ma, except my roommate irks me.”

“Well you know your going to meet people like that. What does she do to irk you?”

Right, she, I forgot I didn't tell my mom about Travis. If I did, she would literally flip her top, she'd go tell dad, and have him- let's just say it wont be good.

“How's everything going down there?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Good,”

“Oh,how's dad, Mookie and Sammy.”

“Their all doing very good. Your dad is asleep right now, Mooks out with some of her friends and Sammy is in his room doing only God knows what.”

“Thats great,mama, how are you doing?”

“I'm doing all right, hun.”

“Thats good, well tell them all I said hi.”

“Will do honey. I love you Seven!”

“Love you too, ma.”

“Okay, ttyl.”

“Bye.” I said, hanging up, laughing at her attempt to use my generation type of slang.

I missed mom, dad,Mookie... and even Sammie nasty self... ugh, and to be honest all I really wanted to do was go home...

Knock. Knock.

“Come in!” I called out.

“Heyyyyy!! Party over here, party over here!”

“Aly, what are you doing here?” I asked, sitting up as she leapt onto my bed.

“Come on, get dress. there's a party tonight down at Starlights for young adults and everybody is gonna be there.”

“Yeah, except me.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I've got homework to do and plus I'm not old enough to get in a club.” I explained.

“You have all weekend to do your homework and I know you were going to say something like that.. so..  that's why I got this made..” She flashed what looked like an ID card in my face.

“What is that?” I asked.

She laughed, “It's a fake ID, silly.”

“I know what it is.”

“It's yours, here.” She said, tossing it over to me.

“Thanks, but I still think ima pass.. I really don't feel like it.”

“Aw, Sev what's wrong, you seem really down.”

I sighed, “I wanna go home. I miss my family.”

“Oh, girl you just a little homesick. You'll be okay.. you just gotta get used to it here..” She said.

She slapped my thigh, and after a few moments of silence, she finally said, “I know what'll make you feel better.”