Chapter Twelve

Min Yoongi

The thing about Min Yoongi was that he is a good student without really doing much. A good student—meaning he does just a little more than enough but much lesser than excellent. He finishes all his assignments on time with a passable content even if it was last minute. The important thing was that he finished it and it looks neat without the professor ever noticing he always half-ass things. He knows that if he tries much harder like all of his friends, he could be one of the top students and maybe even make it to the dean's list. However, Yoongi always opts not to, for many reasons no one else knows of.

And that is why, Min Yoongi is now officially finished with his assignment. He makes sure to have a backup just in case, and prints them out for a hard-copy. He forgot what the professor wanted—an email or a printed copy. The main point is, he did both anyways and left the computer lab in a quiet manner.

The 21 year old kept his footsteps light as a feather, not even one sound produced (or at least if there was sound produced, it's probably below 20 hz). Yoongi makes sure to shut the door behind him to make it look less suspicious and keeps his hoodie on with his head low. There was no way in this world he will let himself be caught in a situation that could potentially have him expelled from the university. He looks left and right as he comes near the end of the hallway, then turning to the right where the exit would be down another hallway. The department building was quite big, so the journey to get out of the place similar to hell was long.

Yoongi is almost there, honestly. He was nearing the exit when the worst case scenario decided to take place after the three long years he's been here. "Hey, you down the hall! Stay right there!"

A security guard. Chasing him.

"Run." A hand, grabbing at his wrist. Yoongi felt as if everything was in a blur, and lets himself run off with the stranger.

He doesn't dare to look back, and kept running as adrenaline course through his veins. Yoongi felt it—he felt alive. "Hey, kids! Stop right there! I'm warning you!" He hears the guard shouting in the distance. But all he dared to do was keep running away. With a stranger, right by his side.

Much to Yoongi's dislikes, it took a lot of running until they could finally get rid of the security guard on their tail. Yoongi was panting hard as he leaned against a lamppost, one hand on his lower hip where the muscle pain started to kick in. He knows what it means—it's either you're unhealthy or you didn't warm up. In Yoongi's case? It was both. His heart was beating really fast too, and it could almost burst right off his chest if it goes up any higher (he doesn't think that's good news). He keeps his eyes closed, wiping away his sweat. Which was odd, since sweating in this weather was rare.

"Thank you, by the way." Yoongi says—out of breath, but just enough to express his gratitude towards the nameless stranger.

"It's no problem. I thought the guard caught me but turns out it was you. So I figured since none of us would want to be caught, I'll drag you along." The stranger explains. It was only then Yoongi bothers to look up and noticed that the other person was much taller than he is. And that he was beautiful. Thick red lips, slightly tousled brown hair from the gush of wind when they were running and capturing almond eyes. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Are you-" Yoongi slurs his words, suddenly feeling all dizzy and unable to stand. "an angel?" He finishes, before everything he knew vanished in colours.