chapter one💟

Coming from a family oriented home, her first priority is her family before herself, it can be conflicting at times but that's her belief, that's the rule Family first.
Melissa is the first child of Mr Gregory Patrick and Mrs Agnes Patrick, owners of the fastest growing business firm in Chicago, Da Deuscaritas. Seven children, all girls. Being the first means she have to be straight and alert at all time for the sake of her siblings.
Mrs Agnes need for a male child made her to gave birth to seven children before she decided to stop.

Melisa knew her parent wanted a male child so she took it upon herself to be the male child her parents wanted, she was the only girl in her high school soccer team, a five times champion in the Chicago martial art annual competition while in college. All these she did because she wanted her father to be proud of her as a

Melissa Patrick never had interest in her family line of business so she studied engineering in college and now runs her own business, Ems construction.

One would think that with all these wealth, she would be surrounded by tons of house helps, well Melissa lives in her family house in Los Angeles with her two sister Annalisa and Amanda, who are currently schooling in Abu Dhabi, leaving only Melissa at home. While their parents lives in Malaysia, the children spends their holiday there. Melissa believes that God gave her two hands for a purpose and can't be sitting down and allow others do the work she knows she's capable of, and that's why she made sure that they didn't employ any helper in the house apart from the gardener, the security man and Mrs Mariah who insist on coming to clean the compound even though is once in a week as a way of showing her gratitude ever since Melissa took it upon herself to see that the woman's only grandchild, Antonio become a graduate.

After showering, she blows her black wavy hair dry and left it flowing down, she has a very long and soft hair which reaches her waist line when left unpacked. She wore a grey tank top and a trouser, picked up her glasses and her high school magazine she found while cleaning the house and sat down to go through it.

Half way through the magazine, she came across a name that brought lot of memories, both happy and sad one back to her, Jordan Ryder her high school boyfriend, they have known each other since their kindergarten age and ever since then, they became very found of each other, they started going out during their last year in junior school till their senior year, they won the award for the best couples during their senior prom, after that prom night, Jordan travelled to England to continue his studies, they kept on communicating for the first two years but he stopped calling and his line wasn't reachable again, Melissa tried contacting his sister that stays in Florida but couldn't get her, his Mom's number was also not connecting, same with the house number.

"Lissa! Melissaaaa!!!"

Melissa was was brought back to planet reality when she heard her best friend, Anabelle calling her name from the living room downstairs. Before she could go and meet her, Belle was already at her door and staring at her like she was some kind of weirdo or something like that.

"hey quit staring at me like that, i didn't know when you got in, that's all and not like i hv grown two times bigger than my usual self" Melissa said putting the magazine aside.
"and yeah you should go audition for fast and furious coz u hv got the fastest leg av ever seen", she said returning her glasses back to its case and standing up from the bed.

"Lissa come here, you need to go visit the ENT doctor, am sure you've got issues with your ear" Anabelle said coming to take Melissa's hand.

"hey young lady, watch it there coz nothing is wrong with my ear" Melissa retorted raising both her hands up in defense. "see they are fine" she assured showing Belle her ears.