Chapter 1

I sat quietly with perfect suavity as my mother cleaned out the attic. I was suppose to be helping her but I was too scared. It's dark and creepy up there.

"Julia! Come help me please." My mom yelled.

I sighed and carefully walked up the stairs. The steps made a loud creaking noise which scared me even more.

"Carry these boxes down stars." My mom said handing me two fragile boxes.

I quickly walked down stairs to get away from the attic. Suddenly, I slipped on one of my sister's toys and dropped the boxes containing breakable items.

"Did you drop something Julia?" My mom yelled from the attic.

"No." I lied.

Then my sister, Madison, walked in.

"Yes she did mommy, and glass is all over the floor." Madison shouted.

My mom walked down the stairs and gasped.

"Julia! Clean this up, now." She screamed and walked up the stairs to the attic.

Madison stood there with an evil grin on her face knowing she had gotten me in trouble.

"What's this?" Madison asked curiously picking up an old antique doll.

"Don't touch it! It's very breakable." I snapped.

"I want it!" She screamed.

"Okay, but you're going to be in trouble if mom finds out." I warned.

"I don't care. It's mine!" She said.

"Go away. I have to clean this up." I said and she ran into her room, eager to play with her new doll. I bade her not to take the doll but she wouldn't listen.