Chapter 4

When I got to school, I saw my best friend Gianna.

"Hey Julia!" Gianna said cheerfully.

"Why do you look so sad?" She asked.

I didn't want to tell her about the doll because she would think I was crazy. So I just decided I would tell her later.

"I'm fine." I reassured her.

"Do you want to come to my house for a sleepover tonight." She asked me.

"Sure." I said.

"I think I'm going to invite Katrina and Gwen also." She told me.

"Okay." I frowned.

"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked concerned.

"I'm alright. Don't worry about it." I said.

"Okay. I'll see you Tonight."

Bye!" She said and walked away.

"Bye." I said quietly.

When I came home from school, my house was empty. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find my mom or my sister. Suddenly, the phone rang. I answered it and it was my mom.

"Where are you?" I asked her.

"I'm at the hospital." She said.

I was shocked. Why would my mom be at a hospital? I was afraid to ask the next question.

"Why are you at a hospital?" I asked nervously.

"Madison jumped out of the tree house and injured her leg. She says that the doll told her to. Do you know anything about why She would think the doll could talk?"

"No, but I think you should get rid of the doll." I said.

"I would but Madison won't tell us where it is. Gianna's mom called me and invited you to a sleepover with Gianna. I Think you should go to get your mid off things. Madison will be out of the hospital in an hour. She just needs to rest." She said.

"Okay. I'll walk to Gianna's house at 6:00." I said.

"Okay, I love you, bye." She

said.

"Bye." I said sadly.