The Choice (Wolfiplier x Reader)

I felt the fear and the blood rush to my head, I couldn't breathe as much as I thought I could. He was chasing me, I knew it. I couldn't feel my feet stomping on the ground, it felt like I was flying. But even flight couldn't save me from what was chasing me. The beast in the form of a wolf ran after me, following my every move. He used to be my friend, he was my friend, but he changed. He literally, physically changed, into a freaking wolf. My best friend used to be human... AND NOW HE'S A FREAKING WOLF! I felt air sucked out of my lungs as I sprinted at full speed towards whatever freedom I expected to get. Maybe I should explain why I was in this situation in the first place.

   I lived with Mark, my best friend of 6 years, and my 2 year boyfriend. We started off as amazing friends but eventually wanted more out of our relationship. We started dating and then Mark asked if I wanted to move in with him. Granted, it was hard to tear myself away from the life that I had built from the ground up, but this was just one of those situations that happened to almost everybody. I enjoyed watching Mark's videos, they had helped us in our times of need. Whenever we needed the money for bills, YouTube. Whenever we felt the need to relax and enjoy life, YouTube. Just about anything that we did involved YouTube. Today was no different.

   Due to the demonetization era of YouTube, it was harder for Mark to make a living off of what he loved to do the most, make people laugh. So yes, some trends were set by people and followed by others. The game "Getting Over It" was no different. Mark had decided, stupidly, to try the rage game, and he figured out the consequences fast. I've never known Mark to be a violent person, in fact, he was a pretty well-natured guy. But this game, oh by God this game, it changed him in ways that I couldn't possibly understand. By the end of the second episode he made for the game, he was a screaming mess, even throwing furniture. I had tried to calm him down after he finished the video, but he just stormed off angrily outside to cool off. He didn't come back for hours. He was never cruel to me or any of his friends, but this game set him over the edge, and I couldn't blame him.

   "Mark, maybe it would be best if you just left "Getting Over It" at two episodes, it's hurting your psyche," I tried to reason with my boyfriend, who just huffed about being fine.

   "Y/N, trust me, I'm fine. A little rage boosts the immune system," with that fake information, I knew that he was just trying to make it seem like everything was okay when it came to that demon of a game.

   "I know that some emotions are good to feel at times, but this is seriously going too far. Some fans may find it funny to watch you rage, but I find it downright scary," I used my puppy dog eyes to try and get him to listen. Lo and behold, he didn't.

   The very next day I heard him screaming about the game in his recording room. I decided to press my ear to the door and listen to what he was shouting about. At first, it was actually pretty funny, hearing him yell "fuck you" over and over and over. But then, it kind of got weird. To the point where I heard Mark grunting and yelling about,

   "THIS IS WHAT DRIVES PEOPLE TO TURN INTO WEREWOLVES!!!" There was a slight pause, "AND THAT'S A CHOICE!!! NOT A CURSE!!!" Little did I know, that sentence was the one that was going to change my life for good. In my head at that point, I was confused. Why was he ranting about dumb werewolves when they didn't even exist? What was the point? It must have been just a dumb comparison to how that game made him feel.

   A few more minutes of listening, and Mark was screaming like I had never heard him before. Shouting profanities and throwing stuff around in the room, I felt a chill fall down my spine. After the outro that came shortly after his hissy fit, I ran away from the room as quietly as possible. For him to know that I had been listening for nearly 20 minutes would've been aggravating and embarrassing. I heard the door slam open and I jumped, I genuinely feared what was to come. No, I wasn't afraid that he would turn abusive, he would never. I was more afraid of what he might do in the event that he goes dead silent, that was the worst. Mark's silence could have so many meanings put into literally no words.