Chapter Four

Christian woke to see David sitting next to the door in anger, "I hate you with a burning passion."

"I did what I needed to do," Christian sat up slowly.

"Open the door," His unhappy cellmate demanded.

He stood and walked over to the door. When he pulled nothing happened. He tried again and again, over and over, but still nothing.

"Use your mind power," David demanded before being met with an annoyed gaze.

"It's very obviously not working."

"This wouldn't have happened if you kept your hands to yourself."

"This wouldn't have happened if the CULT had kept their hands to themselves," he snapped back.

David brushed this off before banging on the glass mirror, "Someone let us out!"

"Like anyone will know how to," Christian mumbled.

"I can hear you, you know? And I can tell them how--"

"David? Is that you?" Sharon's voice boomed over the speakers. It was very obvious the microphone was too close to her mouth.

"Sharon, yes. I need you to--"

"You look rather nice on the other side of the glass!" She laughed, leaving the mic on as she did so.

"Sharon, please let us out."

"Hold on," there was a rustling noise, "Let me get a picture!"

Christian chuckled as David glared back at him. A clicking noise was heard.

"Sharon, please--"

"Hold on," there was now lighter clicking, "'When you work in a zoo and wonder, 'what's it like behind that window''.....and post!"

"You just got Facebook served, David," Christian laughed followed by a heavy laugh over the speakers as well.

"Yes. Very hilarious. Now, let me out!"

"Jonathan commented," Sharon replied, "I've been waiting for the day he did that. Coming to see now.'" Her laughter continued.

"Sharon!" he slammed his hands on the glass as Sharon went silent on the other side, "Let us out!"

The sound of Sharon choking could be heard on the other side. She tried speaking but couldn't. In the distance, footsteps could be heard running toward the microphone.

"Sharon!" Jonathan yelled in a panic, "David what ever you are doing! Stop!"

David was still frozen with his hands on the window. Suddenly, Jonathan banged on the glass, "Stop David!"

As David moved back, a thump could be heard outside.

"Someone call Marian!" Jonathan ordered before the pod door opened.

Christian and David stepped outside to see Sharon lying on the ground. Her neck had turned a deep shade of purple while the rest of her body was flushed of all color. She made eye contact with Christian before Marian Short, the CULT doctor, hurried down the hall with a stretcher.

Both men watched as Jonathan, Josh, and Rob helped Sharon on. Marian wheeled her away as Sharon's hand reached out and rubbed Christian's arm. He immediately collapsed with an outrageous migrane. In his head, he could hear a woman's voice...Sharon's voice saying, "It was like my throat had collapsed."

"Would someone like to explain to me what's going on?" Jonathan barked.

"Someone messed with something he shouldn't have," David glanced Christian's way.

"But what happened with Sharon?" Jonathan stepped into the doorway and sniffed the pod, "Was the serum released in here recently?"

"It was my fault," Christian raised his hand, "I was wondering what would happen if I got a second dose of the serum. I didn't want to be stuck,just unlocking doors, so I hit launch, but David tried to stop me, so I just pulled him in."

Jonathan looked at David for confirmation. He nodded.

Christian sighed, "I guess it took my original power away, but it gave David the power to force-choke someone."

"Is that what happened?" Jonathan's brows raised.

"I don't know what happened, sir."

"You didn't hear Sharon?" Christian asked, "She said that it felt like her throat had collapsed in on her."

Both David and Jonathan looked at him in confusion.

"Sharon never said that," Jonathan replied.

"She couldn't speak..." David's face quickly went from fear to excitement, "Christian, shake my hand!"

"Excuse me?" Christian took a small step back.

"Shake it!" David grabbed Christian by the hand, forcing him to collapse with another jarring headache. David's voice said, "He can read minds if he touches people, but it causes him extreme pain." David released as Christian fell backwards.

"So that's my power now?"

Jonathan looked at both of them, "What's going on?"

"He can read minds if he touches people!" David exclaimed, "It just causes him extreme pain!"

"Headaches to be exact," Christian got to his feet, "Migraines."

"Jonathan!" Scott had stepped around the corner at the end if the hall, "We need you in the prep room. Bring Coger."

They headed off down the hall in a hurry before getting to a large room resembling a movie theatre with a massive screen plastered across the back wall. On the screen was an elderly man who was mowing his yard.

"Hey, I know him!" Christian said as soon as he stepped in, "Old Man Lura!"

"That's right," Scott nodded as he rewinded footage, "Our cameras just caught this." He hit play.

The old man was mowing his yard when a tall, lanky man in a jean jacket walked onto the property. Old Man Lura stopped mowing for a moment and appeared to say something before taking a packet from the skinny man who immediately left after the hand off.

"That's Will Oliver," Jonathan pointed out.

"That's The Brain?" Christian asked to which David nodded.

"But look at what was in the envelope," Scott paused the footage and zoomed in on a picture that had been pulled out...a picture of Christian.

"They know," David's jaw dropped.

"But how?" Jonathan scratched hid head.

"There's only one way to find out," Scott looked at Christian, "It looks like it's time to make a game plan."