Chapter Eight

"One more time," David nodded as Christian grabbed Molly by the arm. He tried his best to hold himself up.

"Nice try," she thought as he let go. He shook his head.

There was a knock in the glass to which David and Christian both responded by leaving the room with her still sitting in the middle, tied up in a chair.

Jonathan stood outside still looking through the window.

"We've tried everything," David sighed as he closed the door behind them.

"You haven't yet tried enhanced interrogation," Jonathan frowned.

"I'm not going to torture--"

"David," he cut him off, "It may be necessary."

"Sir," Christian said, "we may not agree on much, but I'm in David's side on this one."

"The safety of Cityville's citizens relies on us."

David reentered the room after a short moment. Christian and Jonathan watched as a piece of cloth and bucket of water emerged from the floor.

"Christian," Jonathan said, "I need to show you something else."

They walked down the hall toward Christian's pod.

"Where are we going?" He asked as Jonathan stopped at a newly occupied pod.

"Subject #116," He replied.

Christian looked into the glass as a woman with an angry scowl on her face sat in the floor drawing on a sheet of paper, "Name?"

"Tatum Spears," Jonathan replied, "Just moved to Cityville a month or so ago."

"What was the reason for recruitment?"

"We needed more people," Jonathan laughed, "She didn't really know anybody so no one will really know she's gone."

Screams began being heard from down the hall near Molly's holding pod.

"What's her power?" Christian asked, ignoring the shrieking.

"She can see into the future," Jonathan said as the woman stood to her feet.

Christian went in and began talking to the woman, "Hi there. You're Tatum, correct?"

She frowned and nodded before continuing drawing.

"I'm Christian," he smiled at her as she nodded and cintinued drawing.

"What are you drawing?" He asked as he walked closer. All she had on the paper was the black outline of a building. She scooted away from him as Jonathan tapped on the glass.

Christian exited and closed the door behind him, "Any particular reason she won't talk to me?"

"That's her downfall."

Christian shook his head, "This downfall thing is really starting to piss me off."

"Jonathan! Christian!" David ran down the hallway with papers in his hand, "You two have to see this." He handed them the papers as he attempted to catch his breath.

On the papers were what seemed to the two like random numbers and a very uneven bar graph.

"David, what is this?" Jonathan handed them all to Christian, giving up in trying to make sense of it.

"Molly wouldn't give us information even after the water torture, so I decided to test some of her levels and..." David took the papers and held up the bar graph.

"Well?" Christian crossed his arms.

"She's perfect!" David smiled.

"She's a little young for you, isn't she?" Christian laughed at this.