Day 1: The cellar

I checked the cellar door to see that it's locked again, I knew for a fact that the lock was off. Sighing, I headed on to look around the cellar hoping to find a door that is connected to the house. I looked in a drawer and finds another news clipping which read. 

'Daughter trapped

The daughter of the Wishfords was reported as being trapped in the cellar after something or someone pushed the doors closed after she enters. 

Reports have been made that the parents saw a dark shadow over the cellar door before it disappears and they were able to retrieve their daughter.'

"Poor kid must've been traumatized after that, "I said after taking a closer look at the picture on the news clipping. I let out a soft sigh before clicking my flashlight on. I shinned it on the surrounding area and saw a small glint. It was a corkscrew, picking it up I glance around. I walked over to the shelves and grabbed a neighboring bottle, looking to see that there was a cork in it. I popped it open and glanced around. I smile when I saw a glass, I began to pour some of the wine in it only to see a key falls out of the bottle. Grabbing the key, I looked around and saw a door. I decided to try the key on it only to see it doesn't work for it. The light flickers a bit and I shook my flashlight a bit. "I wonder if there are any batteries around here. "

It took me a while but a found a puzzle box, it was hard to solve but I finally did. The box opened and I pull out a small note and key. The note read;

'Don't look it in the eyes

Shine the light on it

Be safe and play its game. '

"Weird. "I mutter and headed to the door and unlocking it. I enter the hallway after trailing up a few stairs.