POV Betty Cooper

Dear Diary,

Well I survived my first day of school. I feel like people already don't care about me, which was my plan right? I know I didn't want to make friends but it actually does suck to be alone the whole day. Even with lunch break, everyone was having fun together and I sat alone somewhere on the floor in the school. I did have the most awkward moment already at my new school, I went into the boys toilet instead of the one for girls. And of course that boy was there... He is so freaking beautiful, but I would ruin his life if I were in it. He called me newbie and I don't know if he wanted to help me by breaking the silence, but for me it was a reason to act offensive back. So I called him smartass, he looked shocked that someone talked back at him like that and I felt great. I'm really getting into character at school, you know how I want to be the emotionless girl well it's working. Right now I'm sitting in Pop's, it's this restaurant in Riverdale, I think it's the only restaurant there is. I already love Pop Tate he is like the sweetest man and the only one I'm not acting weird to, I mean he doesn't have to think I don't care about anything or anyone. So I just ordered a milkshake and now I'm sitting in this kind of booth thing and I felt like writing about my day so here I am, writing in my diary. There are some more people here, but luckily no one I know or recognize from school. I am sitting here, because...

I was writing a sentence when I heard someone familiar, and I was right it was him. I didn't notice me I think because he was passing without saying something and we also didn't have eye contact. So I said something: "Hi smartass, how do we keep running into each other?". He looked surprised but I also felt like he already knew I sat here so he answered: "Well that's not that hard when this is the only restaurant in town isn't it newbie?". While he sat that there was a kind of smirk on his face and it made him even hotter, I tried to keep it cool but I already felt my cheeks get a little red. I was thinking of  great respond and I felt like he didn't even mind it took so long for me to answer so he said another thing: "Is this seat taken?". "Well I moved here yesterday and yeah that seat is absolutely taken, by all the amazing friends I already made today at this amazing school." I said back to him, I noticed he felt awkward and thought I meant it. I think that's why he answered by saying "Oh that's a shame have a good day."  He wanted to turn around and walk away but before he could I said "The nickname I made up for you isn't for nothing smartass, I thought you would be a person who is very familiar with sarcasm." He stood still again and looked me right in my eyes. "Sarcasm, right, totally got that. So this seat is free?" "Well it is, but I promised my mother not to talk to strangers and I don't even know your name. I don't think you appreciate it if I keep calling you smartass..." While he was already making his way into the booth he said to me: "I want to tell you my name, but promise me not to laugh." "Sure thing." "My name is Jughead... Jughead Jones." I was silent for a while but then I couldn't help myself, first I started giggling in myself a bit, then it became worse and I laughed out loud. He looked hurt at me and I started an apology while I was still laughing a little. "I'm so sorry, if people even dare to say to me don't laugh I almost always laugh. Also Jughead is a name I never heard before, it sounds kinda cute actually." I said smirking, I noticed he smiled a little too. "You think my name is cute? Never heard that one before. People never think of the word cute when they think of me." "Why is that Jughead?" "I think you already now that newbie. I see my food is ready it was fun talking to you." 

Before I even got the time to see bye or something he was already gone. I know his name now, but to him I'm still newbie. I felt happy while I was talking to him and I still feel happy, but I know for sure that tomorrow at school he will totally ignore me. His reputation is probably way more important to him.

I wanted to say I'm sitting here, because I don't wanna go back home. I'm trying to avoid my family as much as I can. When I wrote that that boy came in and we talked. I know his name now, his name is Jughead, Jughead Jones. I kind of let my guard down with him, but I have to get my act together because at school I need to be "the badgirl". It's getting later and I don't want to get in a fight with my dad because I am too late for dinner. I still have 20 minutes before dinner and I want to be on time. 

Love, Betty