Initiate

After some only slightly excruciating swim practice and a short shift at the waterpark (which nobody even goes to anymore), Percy went home and took a shower. A quick one though, because he still wanted to at least stop by Annabeth's house.

Percy: imma come over tonight. fuck hw

Annabeth: percy if u have hw to do then dont come over i'll feel bad

Percy: i hardly do hw anyways
Percy: so whats ur address

Annabeth: whateverrrr
Annabeth: 551 roundway

Percy: kk. see ya in a bit

Annabeth: bye

Percy's hair was still damp when he shut the car door behind him. He put the keys in the ignition, and drove off to 551 Roundway.

The neighborhood was actually pretty nice. And when pulling up to her house, he noticed there was only one car in the driveway. He stepped out and reached the front door, knocking.

A couple seconds later, Percy heard the locks turn and soon, it swung open to show that beautiful smile looking right at him.

"Hey," she said softly.

"Hey."

"Come on in." She stepped to the side to make way for the black-haired boy.

The house was well put together. Percy suspected her parents to be neat freaks or something. But what really caught his eye was the big, blue armchair; boy, was it a beauty. He really wished he could take a nap there, but he figured now wouldn't be an appropriate time.

"So..." Annabeth said, pulling Percy out of his trance. "Let's go to my room. I don't really like lounging around the rest of the house."

Percy understood; he used to be that way until his mom took the TV from his room and banned snacks anywhere but the kitchen.

He followed Annabeth upstairs and into a room down a rather long hallway. When she pushed the door open, he was surprised to find her room almost a complete contrast from the rest of the house. A desk in the corner was strewn with various notebooks, notepads, textbooks, and a laptop that wasn't even shut all the way. He spotted only one shirt  on the floor, but he could see shoes were thrown lazily in her cracked-open closet. Several things were hung up on the wall, like a calendar (that was stuck on April?), mini-posters of people he didn't know, many photos of Annabeth with her friends, and random sticky notes here and there which were probably set as reminders.

"I tried to clean up a little..." Annabeth said nervously. "At least my bed is made," she reassured with a giddy grin. Percy reciprocated with a laugh, and hopped onto her plush, white bed.

"So... What do you wanna do?" he asked.

"I thought you needed to rant and just... relax for a bit?"

He shook his head lightly. "Nah, I'm not really in a rant-y mood right now. Relaxing sounds nice, though."

Again she smiled, and got onto the bed next to him. They both laid with their backs against the pillows and their legs spread out. Comfy.

"We can watch Netflix on my TV," she suggested.

Percy noticed the TV hanging on the wall in front of her bed. He grew a little jealous.

"Sure. What do you wanna watch?"

"I was kind of thinking about watching a little bit of Friends?"

"Ooh, I love Friends. Let's do that."

A grin appeared on her face as if an idea popped into her mind. "I just remembered we have popcorn! I'm gonna go make some! Be right back."