This One's Gonna Leave a Mark

Robyn walks down the crowded streets of Wahington heights, frown on her face. She was fucking tired, a little bit hungover, and definitely not in the mood for today. She pushes her Dior aviators to the top of her head as she toes the door of Bad Gyal Ink open.

"Y'all ain't never doing  nothing every time I walk up in here?"

"Ain't that why you pay us the big bucks?" Chris jokes, "It sure as fuck seems like it." Robyn moves towards the receptionist desk, Jen her the shop's receptionist slides her a sheet of paper as she leans against the counter. "Your three o'clock canceled, and you have that sleeve consultation in an hour."

"At least someone around here does their fucking job," Robyn says addressing the rest of the shop. It's the closest thing to a 'good job' anyone ever gonna get from her. "Hand me that water bottle," Jenn grabs it from the fridge and hands it to Robyn as she's walking away towards her station. Before the Baijan woman can get there, Chris grabs the back of her toreau jersey and pulls her over.

"Fuck off," she groans as he kisses her cheek and grabs the water in her hand and taking a sip.

"What'd you do last night?" Chris asks a perverted grin on her face, ever since she had told him she was, in fact, bisexual, he was always curious about the gory details of her sex life.

"Your mom." Chris chuckles, taking another sip of the stolen water. Robyn smirks, pushing her dreads over her shoulder,  "I went to a party in Bed Stuy with Rakim."

"You fuck?" A sly grin paints his face, "Rakim? Hell no!" she scrunches up her face in disgust, don't get her wrong Rakim aka Rocky was one fine ass man, smart too, but also a really close friend, more like a brother if anything.

"Who then?" Robyn rolls her eyes, "None your damn business, now can you at least pretend to be busy so I don't completely regret signing your checks?" Chris puts his hands up in surrender, he stands and moves closer to Robyn's station. 

"Speaking of checks, can I get a raise?"

"No nigga, but you can get fucking fired." Chris laughs and makes his way in the back probably to play on the Xbox. Robyn would regret buying the thing if it didn't keep the guys from getting on her nerves.

"Hey boss, can I get you to look at this piece for me." Cara, everyone's favorite caucasian calls from her station. She quickly shoots off a text to Rakim about picking her up some food, before walking over. Robyn had discovered her work on Instagram, it had been a few years since she had opened so, she was scouring the net for new talent. After reaching out to Cara, the girl had invited her to an art exhibit where her work would be featured. And if Robyn had been impressed with the work she'd seen online, she was blown away by the girls work in person. She had offered Cara a job right on the spot, and since then she's been working for Robyn and honing her skills.

Robyn walks over to the girl's station to take a look. Upon entering the small room, she sees Cara bent over the forearm of a young girl, who looks to be about in her mid-twenties. Robyn acknowledges her with a small smile, before leaning over to get a better view

"wow," is the first thing that spills out of her mouth at the sight. Cara's specialty was roses, and on the forearm of the girl was a face, but a portion of the face was shielded by a large rose. The shading was next level and the colors made the piece that much more beautiful.

Cara wipes away some excess ink before sitting back to admire the piece along with Robyn, "Look good?" She asks, "Looks fucking great," Robyn responds, Cara nods grabbing some antiseptic to put on. "I'm impressed C," Robyn says as she walks out of the small room.

Cara was just one of the many talented people that called Robyn's shop home. Bad Gyal Ink had six artists, not including the owner. There was Chris, Rocky, Cara, Travis, Jake, and Aubrey. All of which specialized in something different, and had led to the rise of Bad Gyal Ink.