Chapter 2: Letting It Out

Wyatt's POV:
Daisy had come in and started telling me about her life. She was the same age as me which was 19 and she told me how her life went downhill after her birthday.

"I had a boyfriend and before my birthday, it was all love. I had nothing but love for him and only love. I was just so in love. He was too, or so I thought. The night of my 19th party, I had this huge house party while my parents left town. My boyfriend at the time did drugs and I knew about it but didn't really care until my party. He had brought alcohol and so many drugs. Coke, weed, Xanax, Meth, you name it. Everyone in the house was taking it so I thought why the fuck not. I popped 2 Xanax pills that night. Worst mistake ever..." she continued.

"Near the end of the party, majority of the people were gone. My now ex boyfriend was wasted. Completely drugged and drunk. He was falling at random at times and just completely wasted.
As you know, I was also on drugs so I was sitting on guys laps when my boyfriend wasn't looking but he caught me"
She stopped talking for a moment and just stared off into my floor. Something must've really happened.

"He grabbed me and threw me off the guy. He beat up the guy that I was sitting on and left him on the floor covered in blood. He then grabbed my arm and took me upstairs. He slammed the door shut and started to choke me. I was so scared. That's when he pinned me onto the bed and he....he—" she started crying so I cut her off.

"You don't need to say it, Daisy" I said, placing my hand down on her knee.

"The next day I was really sick and started puking. I already had a feeling so I went to the drug store and bought a pregnancy test anyway. I'm not going to go too much into that but it came out positive and I started crying. I was not ready. Especially with him being the father." She continued.

"Skip to 8 months, I decided to keep the baby. My parents found out and stopped talking to me. My mom called me a slut and my dad called me a whore. I never worked or had money to leave my house so I couldn't move out. I hadn't talked to my ex since the party so that's when I made my second mistake.
I went to his house to tell him that I'm keeping this baby and that he was the father. I was really scared but he needed to know.
I can still remember his face so vividly when I told him. He screamed at me till I was sobbing. And then I screamed that I was keeping it."

She started crying again while trying to finish her sentence.

"He pushed me down a flight of stairs and left, it wasn't till 5 minutes, a lady coming downstairs saw me at the bottom and called 911. I lost the baby." Her eyes were so puffy.

"I-I'm so sorry Daisy, oh my god, I can't even imagine"

She wiped her tears and let out a little chuckle.

"Hey, this isn't all about me, you need to tell me about you now" she said, still wiping her tears.

This was the hard part. Talking about him. My father.

"It's not much, my whole life since I was young, my dad would abuse my mom, my sister and I. It just got the point where my mother killed herself. After my mother did, my dad continued to abuse me and my sister Sophia and he even raped her. Eventually, she killed her self shortly after I moved out of the house. I never forgave myself for moving out of the house when she needed me the most. I could've been the reason she was still alive. My dad has cancer now and is slowly dying. But him getting sick doesn't change the fact that he was the reason the 2 most amazing people in my life are gone. It's all his fault." I finished, tears rolled down my cheeks at the thought of Sophia and my mom.

"Wyatt, I'm so sorry. I-I never would have thought" she said, grabbing my shoulder and comforting me.

"I guess it's just nice to have someone now who's been through similar trauma, now I can always come to you, for anything" she said as I looked back up into her beautiful eyes.

I pulled her into a tight hug and cried on her shoulder. I felt relief. Finally, I had someone. It was something I needed. For a long time.
She held her pinky out.

"Here, let's make a promise, that we will ALWAYS be there, whenever we need each other, always and forever" She said before my pinky intertwined with hers, making a commitment to her promise.
She got up and took her letter.

"Let's hang out tomorrow, I'll come over around 11?" She said while walking to the door.

"Yeah, we can watch movies and gaze into my ceiling" I said with a smile.

She gave a smile in return. That smile. It was something. It looked like it could light up a dark forest. Be a flashlight in pitch black. It was...spectacular.

"Sounds perfect. I'll see you tomorrow Wyatt" she said on the opposite side of me.

"Bye Daisy" I said before shutting the door.

I went back to my room, shut the door, turned off the lights and just stared into the ceiling. My usual. All I thought about was Daisy and her brown eyes, and that smile. A smile that could kill. Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. It's only day one.

What are you doing to me, Daisy Flower?