Chapter Two: Feyre Archeron * Part Two

"Tell me everything," Mor said, taking a large swig from the glass in front of her. "I want to know all about you." Mor had dragged us to Rita's for drinking and dancing, which Aelin seemed quite content to do.

Aelin grinned wickedly. "All of it? Because it's quite a story."

Mor flashed an equally sinful smile back at the mysterious woman. "Every little detail."

And so she did. Every. Damned. Detail. No matter how bloody, no matter how dirty, Aelin told her story with relish, and when she was done, Mor sat in silence, as shocked as I had ever seen her.

"That is one hell of a story," Mor said, taking a sip from her glass. When it was drained, she slid it across the counter for a refill.

Aelin smiled. "Indeed it is. And while I may have a flair for the dramatic, I can assure you that all of it is true."

"So you have a mate sitting at home, worrying out of his mind, not knowing that you're his mate, and thinking that all is lost and you're dead." I raised my eyebrows for confirmation.

Aelin shrugged. "That about sums it up."

"You should tell him," I said quietly for the second time that day, "before he beats the shit out of you for it."

Aelin barked a laugh. "He probably will." Something must have dawned on her then, because her expression morphed from joking to one of dread. "Oh gods."

"What?" Mor asked, looking concerned.

"I orchestrated this whole plan for if I got captured. My friend, the shapeshifter, would pose as me and bear children with my cousin so the offspring could be passable as mine. It shouldn't be a problem, since I'm pretty sure there's something going on there. But now when I go back, if there's already been offspring, then they won't be mine."

I looked from Mor to Aelin and back multiple times before saying, "Damn. That's crazier than some of Rhys's plans."

Mor laughed. "Indeed. And he's pulled some pretty crazy stunts over the years."

Aelin leaned forward and propped her chin on her hand. "I'm listening."

I exchanged glances with Mor. "Well, there was this one time he died to save us all," I said, remembering those terrible moments when I thought I'd lost him. Those moments when the void inside me had opened up again, leaving a barrage of emptiness that couldn't be filled. Losing your mate... it was the worst feeling in the world. Losing your mate and not knowing they were your mate, not knowing where the pain was coming from... I couldn't imagine what Aelin's mate was going through.

Aelin went quiet. "That's what I did, isn't it? I'm as good as dead to them."

Mor laid a hand on Aelin's. "We'll find a way to get you home. You'll see your mate again. You'll save your people."

I looked over to Aelin. "I haven't known you long. I still don't completely trust you." At this, Aelin managed a weak smile. "But I can tell that you are strong. You are a true Queen, truer than any court lady who sits around watching performances and having parties. You get out into the world; you're doing what it takes to save your kingdom. You're going to do great things, Aelin Galathynius. I can tell because I've seen you. I've seen the best and the worst of your soul. I've seen the darkest things you've done and your greatest moments. And I know that you're going to be, scratch that, you are amazing and you will do amazing things for your people. You'll save them, Aelin Galathynius. You'll save them all."

Aelin looked at her with a bemused expression. "I think that might be the least depressing thing I've heard in a while."

I turned to Mor. "This is what I get for trying to be inspiring."

The female laughed. "Your pep talks are better than Rhys's, at least. His are always depressing or heartbreaking. Remember what he said before the last battle?"

I shook my head. "Mother above, that was brutal."

"And we still don't even know what he said to you mind-to-mind," Mor pointed out, leaning forward with implications written all across her face.

"Mind-to-mind?" Aelin asked. "What's this about?"

I flicked up her brows. "It's what I mentioned earlier-- wait, do you mean you can't talk to your mate mind-to-mind?"

Aelin shook her head, sending her golden hair flying. "No. You can?"

"Of course. It's part of the mating bond," I explained, puzzled.

"Hang on," Mor said. "You mentioned an iron coffin that suppressed your magic, but iron doesn't affect us at all."

"Really?" asked Aelin, surprised. "Not at all?"

"Not at all," I confirmed. "I used to think so, until I found out it was a myth."

Aelin narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean, 'used to think so'?"

"I..." I snuck a glance at Mor, silently begging for help. Mor gave a slight shake of her head, subtle so as not to hint at Aelin. It's your choice whether to tell her, her eyes read. Do what you will. So I turned to Aelin, still unsure of her allegiance, with hard, imperceptibly cold eyes and said carefully, "I used to be human. But that is a story for another time." While I may have been able to trust Aelin, at least for now, I wasn't ready to tell her everything.

Aelin nodded, seeming to understand. She had had no choice but to tell us her story, because every little detail could be important to returning her home. Plus, we would've found out anyways. But I didn't need to reveal anything to her, and we were already risking a great deal by telling her what we had.

Suddenly, all I wanted to do was go back home. I stood up and said, "I'm going to head back, but you two should stay. I'll see you later."

Mor looked concerned, but she nodded her acquiescence. Aelin just fluttered her fingers goodbye, and returned to her drink.

I walked out of the pleasure hall and through the Rainbow, taking in the sweet outside air. Then I winnowed home.

*

Hey guys! If you're still reading, thanks so much!! It means a ton to me. I really hope you're enjoying A Court of Glass and Fire: A Sarah J. Maas Crossover Fanfiction. I really hope I'm getting the characters right... Anyways, if you like it, please click the ✩ and vote!

Love,

Tessa