His New Attitude

EDIT- I changed the ending👍sorry

J O H N N Y

Brandon Rowland.

My first boy childhood friend.

The most trustworthy one out of us 'Bad Boys'.

He is the one who stole my Mackenzie's heart. And he is paying for it.

I struggle opening my own bedroom door with all the rage fuming inside my head. I couldn't think straight, but at least I could can comprehend what I'm about to do is stupid and reckless.

I run past the kitchen where my parents are. They are in some conversation but notice my rush.

"John! There you are son-where are you going?" Dad questions.

"Out?"

"Out where?"

"The neighborhood. Taking a jog." I lie easily.

"Okay, be back for dinner sweetie!" My mom yells as I slam the door shut.

I search my pockets for the keys as soon as I step a foot out of the house, causing them to fall on the brick steps. I groan but pick them up.

My car flashes yellow meaning it's unlocked. I search for his name through the swarm if contacts on my phone. My finger barely hovers over his name before pressing iMessages.

/-/-/-/

Me- hey are your folks home?

Brandon- no

Brandon- coming over?

Me- yeah

Me- be there in ten

(Brandon is typing)

/-/-/-/

Good thing his parents are barley ever home.

That single thought lingers on my mind as I make my decision on confronting him. My phone makes a 'ping' sound indicating Brandon had sent me something.

My car tires make a screeching noise as I pull up to his house. His house was huge, just like mine.

Brandon run out a second later. A worried expression on his face. Hopefully Kenzie didn't spill the beans, it would be less fun.

"Look dude, this isn't the best tim-" He begins as I step out my car.

But I cut him short with a punch on his cheek. He eyes widen as he get up to his feet. Confusion is readable. Looks like his princess doesn't want him knowing we met earlier today.

"You knew that I was heartbroken. You knew that I wanted her!" I roar in his face.

A sudden lightbulb lights up in his head. The expression on his face makes it clear that he finally gets what I'm talking about.

"I'm not going to fight you Johnny." He calmly talks.

"Good, it will be easier to do this." I give him a quick jab in the stomach.

He bends over in pain. It felt weirdly good to see him like this.

"She's not a toy Johnny. She never was. You should have known that when she was still all over you. You didn't make your move but I did. I'm sorry but I change that she choose me."

He only aggravated me more. I pounce like a cat, tackling him to his lawn. I giving quick punches whenever I can. He barley fights back.

"Johnny!? What the hell?" I stop in mid punch looking up.