Her Truth

edit- might be my last post for maybe a few weeks. sorry☹️❤️

J O H N N Y

My fist collided with his face.

I kept waiting for the satisfying cracking sound.

It never came.

"Come on Johnny! Not going soft on me are you?" Brandon's voice taunts.

I growl. "Never."

But I was. I don't want to hurt Brandon or maybe I do. All I can hear are Lauren's words. Brandon is my best friend. I should be supporting him not trying to ruin his relationship.

"Well then get your head in the game." I dodge his attack by ducking.

"No. I'm done." You better be right Lauren.

"I get it. Don't want to look like the villain again, right?" He laughs.

I only scoff and walk off. I'm not this person. I won't let him drive me to be insane. If he makes Kenz happy then my job is done.

I only want whats best for her.

Not who gives it.

Suddenly I'm knocked off my feet and onto the semi wet grass/road floor. I suppress a groan of pain. I won't let Brandon get what he wants.

My elbows prop me up to help get on my feet, but Brandon is doing most of the work. His muscles bulge as he lifts me up by the collar of my shirt.

"I said I'm done." I spit.

"Well that's the problem Johnny. I didn't." To keep it simple he slams me into the tree conveniently behind me.

This time the groan of agony slips from my own mouth. A smirk plastered upon his face.

"You already have the money and girl. What else do you want from me? My rank at this school? We both know that this little fight isn't going to change anything." His nostrils flare.

"I want you to stay the hell away from Mackenzie alright? She isn't your anymore. She is mine. You got that?"

"What I got is that she is not your property. So unless she doesn't want me around, you'll be seeing me a lot." He didn't like that.

He sent the air right put of me with his next punch. I practically slide down the tree trunk without his grip. I feel nauseated and like I'm going to puke any moment. I'm sure the Headmistress will have a kick out of this.

"Johnny!"

I didn't need to open my eyes to know who that voice belongs to. I'm only glad that their little friendship talk didn't last any longer, or else I might be in a different condition.

"Brandon! What the heck?" My eyes flutter open to see Kenzie push her way through Brandon to me.

"Johnny! Johnny! Can you hear me?" I groan in annoyance.

My chance to talk to Kenzie and Lauren's annoying voice still haunts me.

"I'm hurt not dead Lauren." I mutter in her direction.

"Well you might as well be. You look like shit." She deadpans.

"Thanks, I thought the extra hair gel would be a nice touch. Now can someone bring me to the nurse?" I joke.

"Are you kidding me? The nurse can't do anything for you! I mean look at yourself, no offense but you really do look like hell. I'm taking you to the hospital." My arm flies out of Mackenzie's grip.