Chapter 2: You Don't Know my mind

Well, this is it.  My first class is with my history professor, Mr. Jackson , who's strict at times but funny as hell.

I walk into the lecture hall and sit in my seat. I see some of my classmates who come in early most of the times. It's 8:53am now.

It's usually the time that he comes in instead of actually coming in earlier like most professors. Mr. Jackson finally walks in and says "Hey everybody! Hope you guys had a good weekend."

I could literally sense everyone in the room feeling the same way as I did . After that I had to wait 2 more classes before a break to actually see Fred.

Finally, break came around and I could see him waiting in line . I decided to scare him so I went behind him and put my hands in front of his eyes.

He says, " Y/N, what the fuck are you doing?" I laughed and said, " What, asshole? I was bored, plus I couldn't wait to see my beloved friend of mine". 

We both got our lunch and sat down to eat. I say to him , " I was thinking about going to Hard Rock Cafe on Friday, wanna come?"

Fred looks at me with hesitation . " Uh, I dunno know I don't really like rock stuff", he responds.

As if this conversation couldn't get any worse. He breaks the silence by saying something that really ticks me off .

" You should be into mainstream stuff like other people instead of being so complicated."

I put down my turkey and cheese sandwich angrily," You're a fucking dickhead, you say I'M complicated? Well, at least I'm not a whore like you Freddie boy!"

Fred looks at me with disdain, "You know what screw you y/n! You're always so fucking sensitive!"

I stand up to throw out my lunch and exit the cafeteria to go to my next class.

The thing with me is that when I was in 7th grade I was a brainless child who took everyone's advice and become like them in order to fit in.

But that changed when I first heard the Red Hot Chili Peppers . It inspired me to be who I wanted to be , and I held on to that ever since.

Today was Friday, and it was the end of the day when I would come out of school.

My French professor yells out over the loud noises of people packing up and getting up from their seats " Don't forget the project is due on Monday!"

I rush to get out so I could catch the train to time square to get to the cafe. 

20 mins later, I get to time square , which is always crowded with tourists. I check google maps to see if I'm close enough to the cafe.

Thank god, I found it after 5 minutes. I get to the cafe and sit at a booth.

The cafe has vibrant colors and posters of Queen , Metallica , you name it. Although, today it seems that barely anyone has decided to come here . 

There is only about 5 people including the employees. The waitress comes to my table.

"What would you like, honey?" She asks with a polite grin.

I look up at her, "I'm still making up my mind but thanks for asking ma'am." She leaves me alone and goes back to work at the counter.

After she left , my eyes had wandered around the cafe . I had only been here once , and that was with my mother.

I check my phone I see if I have any messages, but there's only messages from Fred:
Fred: y/n , I'm sorry I said that but you know it's true. I'm only looking out for you, please respond to me.

I decide to delete and block his contact information and keep looking at the menu. Then, something catches my eye.

I spot a man sitting by himself at the bar area, a blond haired man with beautiful eyes , humming quietly.

He had to be like late 30s or something. I looked at him carefully and recognized his face. No, it coudn't be. I squint my eyes to get a better look . The man seems to notice because looked at me and I could see his whole face.

I was definitely not mistaken, it's Anthony Kiedis.