Chapter 3

"Yes I do." I didn't knew if I really should tell the. But it would be the best right? "I have it at.... My.... Home..." I realized that I forgot it in my hurry, some of my most dearest belonging. I got up from the bed again and put on my jacket, and headed to the door. "Let's go get it before they figured out where its hidden." I placed my hand on the doorknob a hand came and touched my shoulder, my first reaction was getting myself away from the hand so I bended forward and backing away under the arm. I backed up against the wall. "Please don't touch me." I looked at Lavi who was standing with his arm out in front of him. "Oh.. I'm sorry." He was scratching his cheek and looking away. I gave a sigh and walk to the door again, I open up the door waiting for both of them to go out. "After you miss." Bookman said, it was weird how differed the two of them were. I suppose that's the differed of the generations now. "I prefer you go first, I like to have an eye on people." I told them without looking at them , they silently walked out the door and I followed them. None of us talked we just walked, I was walking a little behind them looking around me. How do I know who I can trust? I was asking that question over and over again in my head. "When are we there?" Lavi began to whine, that pulled me out of my thought and I looked around realizing we almost passed by my home. "We're here." I went over to one of the buildings they was all standing close, only a few had a passage between them. I walked in the house looking around it looked like I left it. I wonder where my family is. I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach while walking around on the wooden floor. "Mother? Father?" I asked out in the house, I took down a painting from the wall and revealed a secret hatch in the wall, then Bookman came into the room and looked at me. I turned and looked at him. "Umm... No everything is fine." Or that what I hope for. I placed the painting on the floor opening the hatch and took a box out. "Here it is." I opened the lid showing the green crystal like object, it was shining bright as all ways whenever I would have a look at it. "How did you even got a hold on it?" He asked as he reached out to take the box from me. "It was more like it came to me. I know it may sound weird, but I was out doing some shopping for my mom and I was walking down this avenue. On my way home I got hit by something when I turned to see what it was the first thing when I saw it, I thought it was something weird that had fallen from the tree and I continued to walk my way home. Then I felt someone or something was following me then I got hit by it again, it was like it would have my attention so I brought it home with me." I explained looking at it, a small smile spread across his face and handed me the box again. "I think you were meant to have it." I got a confused look in my face when he told me that. Can it be true, did it follow me on purpose and I'm meant to be the host of this innocence? I just looked at him not knowing what to say, and that changed a lot of thing. "I-I can't, I mean.. I don't know rather I'm suited for this or not, I don't even believe in anyone after when had happened. I..." before I could finish what I wanted to say Lavi's voice filled the house. "Gramps! Get here, something had happened!" His voice came from upstairs and from his voice I could tell it was bad news. "Mother? Father?" My voice was low in fear of what it might be, Bookman did as he was told and hurried to the room Lavi is and I followed. There... Dust and clothes of what my parents wore. "What is this?" I didn't understand what I was looking at, my gaze switched from the dust on the floor to Bookman and then Lavi. I could tell from the look on their faces that this wasn't good at all. "What you see here are the corpse of humans who has been killed by akumas." Bookman informed me, it was an information that took my breath away. I looked at the dust again. "Mom, dad?" I walked over at kneeled down beside them. "Why?" I gently placed a hand on the one that have been my father once. Lavi walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, though I was to shocked to react on it I just stared bluntly at the clothes he wore. "I know its hard but it would be best to get going, please follow with us back to the Black Order." I looked at him and nodded, he then removed his hand and held it out for me to use as support to get up. I just stared at it before grabbing it. Maybe I can trust these two. When I got up I turned around to looked at the remains of my family, I could feel my chest tighten. I placed my hand on my shirt and clench my fist. I will avenge you. I turned to Bookman and Lavi. "Since I'm going with the two of you, I might as well introduce myself. My name is (y/n) I'm 16 years old."