Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up with some extra weight on me, my eyes flutter open and I saw a hand resting on my shoulder over a jacket, which I assume belong to Lavi, I got a feeling of security and I didn't want to get up. After a while of laying with my head in his lap, I carefully removed his hand from my shoulder so I wouldn't wake him up, I slowly sat up and let the jacket slip off of me and onto the seat I was sitting. I rubs my eyes before I was looking around. It was still early in the morning and a lot of people was still sleeping, only a few was awake, me, Bookman, sort of he was meditating, and a few others who was either cuddling their kid, reading a book or simply staring out of the window. I yawn silently as I ran my fingers through my hair and looks out of the window, saw movement beside me and I looked at Lavi who was slowly waking up. "Good morning" I said, causing him to look at me with a sheepish and tired smile. "Good morning (Y/n), where are we?" He asks before looking out of the window. "We're almost there, about 10 minutes if I'm not wrong." Bookman said, slowly opens his eyes. "It's going to be good to be home again, so we may be there by late afternoon or evening. Do we have to walk all the way there, or are we going to be picked up at some point?" Lavi ask as he stretch his body. It's only morning and we still have a long way before we arrives? How far away is this Black Order? I really hope we are going to be picked up, I don't want to walk for hours, I'm getting exhausted just thinking about it. Bookman sighs. "How should I know, it is most likely that we have to walk there by ourselves. Unless we meet someone else from the Black Order who has an escort. Now stop being a lazy boy, you just had a full night of sleep, now get your stuff together. We'll land in a few minutes and when we gets off the train we'll find something to eat." Both Lavi and I nodded, I hands him his jacket. "Thanks for putting it over me when I was asleep." I said looking away.

After we got off the train, and got some breakfast, our journey continues. Lavi and I are walking a little behind Bookman. "Hey Lavi?" I look over at him. "Hm?" He turns his head as I speak to him. "What is the Black Order like?" He looks ahead of him again and I do the same thing, as I wait for a reply. "It's like a family, really. We all protect each other when we're out on missions, we live together and eat together, well if we want to. We're the closest thing to a family we have." "But what about their own families then?" I looks at him once again. "When they decide to join the Black Order, they leave their families behind to live in one of the seven Branches that are across the world. This is for the safety of their families, if the Noahs knew who their family is they could be taken as hostages and it could endanger the work of the Exorcists, if their feelings got the best of them." "The family do get notify when they die right? I mean they get to say their last goodbye." "No they don't." Bookman simply said. Lavi looks down to the ground, and I look at Bookman in front of me. "Why not?" "Why do you think, you do remember what happened, when you lost someone you held dear and the Earl came to you offer you to revive them." I thought for a bit and let out an 'oh' sound. Well that makes sense, if the family knew the Earl would visit them, and if their parents or partner didn't feel for it, their kid might have, and an other akuma would appear. I thought about it for a while, and I was kinda happy that I didn't have any family left. Even if I missed them, then I was happy to miss them knowing what happened to them, than having them missing me not knowing if I would be alive or not. It must be awful for their families.