Chapter 55: Another Loss

Manvi's body was brought home to perform the last rights. Shruti, Rajeev had tears in their eyes seeing Manvi. Ruhana looked at Manvi, she was in complete shock. She could not believe her sister is not with her anymore and won't be able to speak anything to her.

She caressed her face and said while crying "Mannu wake up" she paths her cheeks and continues speaking "Mannu please I promise I won't scold you or stop you from doing anything, just get up"

Manvi was far away from listening to her now. Vineet came to her and consoles her. He pulls her into a hug "Ruhana please don't cry our Manvi will be watching us how can you say goodbye to her like this"

Ruhana sighed, she eyed at Manvi for the last time.

Vineet was in tears too, with his trembling hands he placed the cotton inside Manvi's nose.

Aarav then moved forward, he looks at Manvi and caressed her face "please Manvi don't give me this punishment for forgetting you"

Rajeev comes and places his hand on his shoulder consoling him.

The priest said "we need to take her to cremation ground"

Ruhana denies "no, my mannu is not going anywhere" she shouts

Neelam holds Ruhana back "Ruhana beta, please"

Vineet and Anand come forward to lift the bier, they carry Manvi on their shoulders and starts walking towards the cemetery. Other two ends were Aarav and Rajeev.

Ruhana was in tears seeing Manvi leaving the house, Manvi's memories were haunting her and she stressed for loss of her life. She drops down on the floor unconscious. Neelam utters "ruhana"

Here they reached the cemetery where arrangements were already made. A pyre made of wood sticks was prepared. They put the bier down and bring the body on top of the pyre. Vineet kissed Manvi's head for the last time and tear escaped his eyes, he had never imagined he had to do this at this early stage of life.

Aarav was standing at the corner and tears were rolling down his eyes. Vineet covers her face with the white cloth and puts the remaining wood sticks on top of her. Perform the pre burning rituals and lights the pyre with the burning wood with his heavy heart.