Alexis: VIII

Alexis POV

I stared at the wall in front of me as I sat on the floor in my apartment. Well, it was mine at one point, but now it's just a gateway spot where I come when I'm not wanted anywhere or when I just need to get away.

I heard voices coming from the room next to the living room, but I ignored it as I kept my focus on the wall. I have been sitting in this same spot for over an hour, or something. I lost track because I wasn't keeping track on how long I have been sitting here for. I didn't think it mattered that much, until someone came in and ruined my streak.

"Ok, you have been sitting in that same spot for about forty five minutes. What the hell." I heard Atlanta start bitching but I kept my eyes on the wall in front of me. "Uh, hello? Alexis?" I heard her but I didn't want to answer her.

After a few seconds of silence, I knew she left and went back to where she was before she came and interrupted me. Without warning, I felt an object hit me from the back of the head and I turned around to see Atlanta standing there staring at me. I look over and saw a pillow laying on the floor next to me. I look back at her. "What was that for?"

She rolls her eyes. "For being an idiot. Stop moping around and get your fucking life together."

I shake my head then turn back towards the wall. "What life? Jordan is my life and I don't have her anymore."

I heard Atlanta groan. "Jesus fucking Christ, I hear that all the time now. What the hell is your problem? Why can't you let her go if you're unhappy? Why do you continue to do this to yourself?" She asks.

I stare at the wall for a moment until I speak. "You want to know something?" I say as I didn't wait for an answer and continued. "I'm unhappy when Jordan is unhappy. Since I know she's not happy, then what's the point in being happy?"

"Oh my God." She half laughed. "Get the fuck over this. Stop being stuck up this woman's ass and live your life. I'm not kidding about this. Alexis, look at yourself. It has been over a month. You're acting like a kid, and you're twenty eight years old, but you're acting like you're eighteen." I sat there as I was listening to her.

The other words were becoming blurry as I couldn't hear her no longer. I shut my eyes tight as I could feel my heart beating inside my chest but sometimes I wish it wasn't beating, so I couldn't feel the pain that was surfacing through and causing my heart to break with every beat.

If I could go back, I would change everything. I know what I did, and I know that I'm doing now. I made a mistake and now I'm living with the consequences.

- Two Years Before -

"Alexis stop!" Hearing Jordan laugh is something so beautiful that it makes my heart swell. I smile as I stop tickling her then stare at her beautiful face for a moment. She looks at me with a smile. "Stop tickling me."

I smile at her as I lean down and press my lips against hers. I let them linger for a moment until I pulled back and saw her face brighten up with her gorgeous smile. "I love you." I say as I stare at her.

"Love you too." She smiles back.

I keep the smile on my face. "Good because I can't imagine my life without you in it." I say truthfully.

She stares at me for a moment. "You won't have to." She caresses my cheek and I smile at her as she smiles back. "I'm here."

I hold her hand against my cheek. "Never leave." I say as I search her eyes. "I won't leave, no matter what."