Ch. 1 Bad Dreams

Second Person

You were 4 years old. You woke up to find that there was smoke all over the house. But you were a smart kid, even if you were so young. You immediately grabbed all of your pets and ran out of the house. You had thought your parents would have left the house by now. But when you were outside, there were only flames. But you couldn't just set your animals down and go get them. Luckily, you had a shelter only a few feet away from your home, that's where you got the pets. You put them in the drop off quickly and ran back to your house. You ran inside and up the stairs to your parents' room. They were still asleep, or so you thought. You tried shaking them awake but nothing happened. They stayed in their quiet, peaceful positions as the house was starting to crumble. A huge piece of wood fell on the floor behind you. THUD!!(first time I wrote this it turned out as thug) You woke up on a branch. Your home. You remembered the events as though it happened yesterday.(honestly I don't remember what happened a few minutes ago) You remembered that your brother, who was 2 years older than you, grabbing you and pulling you out of the house before he got engulfed by the flames. You  remembered the memories. These bad memories. These bad dreams. Why can't they just go away and never return? You almost cried. Every time you remembered. But you never did. You never cried. You ignored pain. You ignored emotions. You looked up at the sky. It was sunrise. The time the shops opened. You stood on the branch you had slept on and swung from branch to branch, and sometimes swung from vines.(like Tarzan) You had constantly watched humans and monsters to see how they act, but rarely anyone was out at this time, so you decided to steal food, water, and other things necessary to survive. You've done this since the incident with your house. No one wanted you. You were too screwed up. Had no emotions. Like you didn't have a soul. So you stole from them. You needed to survive. No one ever saw you, you were always too sneaky and small for them to see.

(Time skip brought to you by me wanting L to kiss Light, but Light's a little b**** and kills him)

Once you were done stealing, you decided to go to the edge of the woods where you could observe the humans and monsters. The humans seemed to be a bit afraid and/or disgusted by monsters which confused you because monsters seemed innocent and cute. In fact, they were probably more innocent than humans, but they didn't judge them did they?(sorry, getting a little triggered by my own imagination) You went back deeper into the forest to sleep some more.(I can't think of anything ok?) The next few days, there was a lack of monsters in the town. You observed the humans instead and listened to their conversations. You heard on of them say "war." You wanted to learn more so you got closer. You could hear them very clearly now.The first person said,"Yeah, the war is good for humanity. We have a chance to finally get rid of those monsters. Let's hope they do not throw away their shot." Then, the second person said, "Those horrible creatures. Humans get it good either way. If we win, monsters won't be around anymore. But if they win, we can charge them with murder. Even if that's against the law, no human would want to see a monster ever again!" You decided to leave after that comment. How could they disrespect such innocent creatures? Let alone go to war with them! You kept thinking until you were at your spot. You knew these woods like it was your actual house. And it was huge too!(don't take that the wrong way)

Hopefully this wasn't too short. It's my first time writing a fanfic and I want it to be good. If anyone reads this, I will be surprised. My motivation for this is that I saw a lot of gaster x reader fanfics, but only some of them were good. So... here we go.