III. YOUNG GOD

"The last song I'm singing tonight is for a cool dude standing with me here on stage." Hellen usually gave short introductions like this, and that of earlier, before she started to kill the crowd with off-the-charts performances.

Hellen kicked in with her ever so gorgeous husky singing."He said oh baby girl you know we're gonna be legends, I'm the King and you're the Queen and we'll stumble through heaven."  She kept her eyes on Lucas as she said the first few words of the song.

Smoke went off from the machine on stage. Red, pink, and blue lights changed the mood of the atmosphere inside the bar. People stood from their seats and went near the stage as they slowly raised their arms to Hellen, showering her with praises and compliments as if she was a goddess to them.

Hellen unbuttoned and unzipped her pants, showing the audience a bit of her lingerie. She didn't go beyond that. Sid always lectured her about showing too much skin while performing. "You are a singer, not a stripper," he'd always say.

All the same, the music that night was explicit and Hellen was too sexy that Sid thanked the heavens, or the hell, for giving him such girlfriend.

Hellen approached Lucas during his bass interlude and to everyone's surprise, she wrapped her other arm, the one she didn't use to hold the microphone, around him from his back. Her face was close enough for her nose to touch his neck. It was obvious that Lucas found it hard to focus on playing his guitar but he tried to hide it by looking at his fingers sliding from chords to chords as if he didn't already know how to play the interlude by heart. Lars was shocked when she looked at Lucas while Glenn just shook his head. Glenn had seen her sister do worse.

But Sid. Sid, understood that in some performances, there's really this kind of vocalist-guitarist stunt in almost every band during the guitar solos but he just felt off, seeing Hellen do it with his bestfriend, for the first time, after being part of their band for more than a year. What a good anniversary gift.

When their encore ended, Cosmic Scintillas stayed at the bar for a bit to have some drink.

Hellen, in the backstage, met Big Joe who casually passed a pack of white powdery substance to Hellen. "There's my coke!" She smirked.

"You owe me too much already." Joe complained, "How about you sleep with me tonight? That song you sang earlier was made for us, you know?"

"In your dreams, big boy." Hellen patted Joe's cheek twice. "But worry not, I'll pay you tonight."

"If it's not you, then give me bucks. I don't want another shitty scandal like last time."

Hellen didn't answer. She tapped Joe's bulky arm, as if assuring him he'd get his payment tonight, before she finally walked out.