II. GIVE ME LOVE

Hellen played it cool when she stepped on the platform. Not that she needed to. "Hey we're back! Let's start this set with a slow one, shall we?" 

Lars quickly kicked in with her guitar to cut Hellen's intro short. Hellen closed her eyes as she let the music make its way into her being.

Sid and Hellen was celebrating their first anniversary tonight and he was overjoyed to see his girlfriend change into something he bought her. The bralette was his anniversary gift for her. While the Cosmic Scintillas played in front of their solid crowd made up of bunch of people lost in their music, Sid was lost in thought of his gorgeous Hellen who looked so good as she played her violin.

They had their own record but this time, they covered a song of Hellen's singer-songwriter crush and it made Sid think that maybe, Hellen wanted to tell something. Well, Hellen's a really deep and sentimental girl. She always wanted to tell something but she never really told anyone anything.

Originally, Cosmic Scintillas was made up of four members only. Lars was the lead vocalist before "Hellen and Sid" happened. Hellen just got in because Sid had tried to win her over before.

It was like there were walls built up around Hellen that were so unbreakable he couldn't come any closer to her even when they started being together. So what Sid did was listen to Hellen's music. All of it. From her covers to original compositions. He thought he'd understand her better if he paid close attention to what she so effortlessly sang. Sometimes he was right about this idea but most of the time, he was wrong. This was one of the times he was right. Or so he thought. 

Hellen, his angel

Hellen, his angel.

He read stories and heard songs about loving a fucked-up, about how people tend to over romanticize the mess of the ones they thought they loved, about how they saw them as "an almighty stuck in a human body". They said this kind of love was crazy bad. Not crazy bad as in really good. Crazy bad as in crazy bad. As in totally insane. Sid was aware of all these. He knew that a toxic relationship wouldn't do them any good but the thing was, he never saw Hellen as a fucked-up person. Whenever he looked at her, he saw the girl who saved him from everything. He was not romanticizing things. It was just an honest truth for him.

Cosmic Scintillas performed a couple more songs before their encore.

"Can you sing one of Halsey's songs, my Aphrodite?" a note on a tissue paper read. It was handed to Hellen by a bouncer who looked on the messengers' way to at least give Hellen a clue on where the request came from.

Hellen did as the mystery fan wished but she dedicated the number to someone else.

(Hello there, reader! Thank you for reading the second chapter of Hellen's story. To whom do you think did she dedicate the next song? Please leave a comment and stay tuned to know the answer for I will be uploading the next chapter tomorrow. See you! - Rue An)