Chapter Two - So, Who's Who in Fairy Tail High?

Hi! Hi! Hi!

I'm back after 1 minute xD

Bye

~Nashichan123

The lunchtime bell finally rung later that day. The once-empty hallway is now filled with students, chit-chatting with each other as they made their way to the cafeteria.

Lucy stayed at by the water fountain, which was next to her locker. She and Levy agreed that they would meet there.

Lucy scanned at the passing crowd, hoping to get a glimpse of her petite friend's face. She tapped her foot impatiently, and then glanced at her wristwatch. 12:00 noon, it read.

That's strange. Levy always comes before me. Lucy thought. Might as well see if I can save a seat.

"Lu-chan!" came a voice, just as Lucy turned to leave.

She swiveled her head, and sure enough, it was Levy, holding a gigantic textbook, her hair in a mess.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Levy told her "Mr. Clive made us finish this lame seatwork in pre-calculus before we could leave. Gomene."

"Oh, it's okay, I was about to check if I can save us a seat," Lucy replied "Alright, let's go."

Lucy and Levy were joined by a blue-haired guy with a somewhat strange red tattoo around his left eye, and a redhead girl, a circular pin was on her uniform collar, the word "President" was written on it, as well as a chibi version of her.

She must be the President of the Student Council. Lucy thought.

Levy was also part of the student council, since she's been in Fairy High since her freshman year.

"Lu-chan, this is Erza Scarlet, the student council president," Levy said, motioning to Erza, who is eating a slice of strawberry shortcake.

"And this is Jellal Fernandez; he's the student council vice-president,"

"Hi, I'm Lucy Heartfilia. Pleased to meet you," Lucy said

"She's a mage, too." Levy added.

"Wow! You are?" Erza asked as she took a bite on her cake, her eyes twinkling.

"Yeah, I'm a Celestial Spirit mage," Lucy smiled "Oh, by the way, who's who in Fairy High?"

"Like, who's the captain of the cheer leading squad, the team captain of the jocks? Those kinds of stuff?" Jellal asked.

Lucy nodded.

"Well of course, we have the ever-responsible student council!" Erza said, beaming with pride.

"Those are the football team, with Laxus Dreyar as the team captain," Jellal said, pointing at a table full of guys in jerseys, wolfing down their food like there's no tomorrow. A blonde and muscular guy with a lightning-shaped scar on his right eye is wearing a different jersey. At the back of his jersey, it read "L. DREYAR"

"Those," Levy started, pointing at another table "Are the snobby cheerleaders. Cana Alberona is the leader of the pack."

The cheerleaders were still in their cheerleading outfits; they were filing their nails, stealing glances at the jocks' table, and were giggling.

"We also have—"

"LUUUUNCHHHTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!" Came a familiar male voice. Lucy turned, it was Natsu.

"—them" Erza finished. She sounds like she was gonna burst any second.

"Oi, flamebrain, NOT. SO. FAST!" said a dark-haired guy trying to catch up with Natsu.

"HAHAHA! You lose, ice princess! It is my victory today!"

"Both of you, SHUT UP!" said another dark-haired guy, who is bigger than his two companions, with long hair, red eyes, and has piercings. Lots of piercings.

The 3 of them began to fist-fight with each other.

"What's the matter with them?" Lucy asked "Seeing guys fight with each other is normal, right? I mean, boys will be boys."

"No, it's not that," Jellal said.

Lucy replied with a confused look.

"Actually, the three of them are mages, just like us, but they're sort of… different." Levy said.

"What kind of different?" Lucy asked

"What Levy meant to say is that the three of them are dragon slayers; a very rare type of mage," Jellal explained.

"That noisy pink-haired guy over there? That's Natsu Dragneel. That dark-haired guy he's fighting with, who doesn't even notice that he's half-naked already, is Gray Fullbuster. He's actually not a dragon slayer, but his life is a long story, and that guy with piercings who is bickering with no one in particular is Gajeel Redfox."

"They're known to have incredibly strong powers, especially if they're mad, according to an eye-witness. Though, no one else has actually seen them use their powers yet, but just to be safe, stay out of their way. Don't go near them and—"

"GRAAAAAY-SAMAAAA!" came a female voice.

"Oh Juvia" Erza facepalmed.

Lucy looked at the 3 guys again. They are now joined a blue-haired girl with curls, her eyes practically forming into little hearts.

"Juvia loves Gray-sama very much!" Juvia said, clutching Gray's arm as if her life depended on it.

Never mind, I guess they already told you, Lucy recalled Natsu telling this to her, earlier. Was this what he meant?

"Just… Stay away from them whenever possible. Okay, Lucy?" Erza said.

"Actually," Lucy began "Natsu is my lab partner."

Erza blinked. Then her eyes widened.

"WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

Being a dragon slayer, Natsu's senses are sharper than a normal human being.

What others doesn't know, is that he's a fire dragon slayer, and he uses his sense of smell better than other dragon slayers.

He can tell who's who without looking, just by their smell. For example, Erza. Erza smells like strawberries. Probably because she eats strawberry shortcakes every single solitary day of her life.

Lucy, on the other hand, smells like vanilla. Come to think of it, Lucy is the only one with this scent. Oh, speaking of Lucy, he just saw her in the cafeteria today, but just as he was about to wave at her, she looked away.

She seems so familiar to him, but he just can't pinpoint where he last saw her, probably he just passed by her in a grocery or something, when they still don't know each other. But he's so sure that he'd seen her before. After all, a dragon slayer's senses never lies, right?

"Why so serious flamebrain?" Gray asked.

Natsu glared at him, but didn't say anything. He slumped further in his seat looking at Lucy's direction. Lucy, as he had notice, kept on glancing at him.

That's the end.

OK, bye.

I think :-)

~Nashichan123