Chapter Two

Watari

After I end the call, I wipe my sweat and take a sip of my water. In the park where I stopped, children play on the play structures while their guardians watch over them. I stretch and sit on a nearby bench under a tree, hiding from the sun.

"Watari!!" A familiar voice calls out. I turn and raise an eyebrow. Ito Kira runs up and sits next to me. "Did you just finish your run?"

"Are you following me?" I question her.

"You always run in the morning and stop here, it's not following if you already told me your path," She clarifies. "I just finished working out, you wanna go get lunch?"

"Sorry, but I have to decline," I respond.

"Watari... Why do you keep avoiding me?" She pouts.

"It's been almost four years and you haven't gotten the message through your head? I already have a girlfriend,"

"Yeah, a girlfriend that lives in Italy! That's not a girlfriend, that's an online friend, long distance at best which usually doesn't last," She fires back.

"Sorry Kira, you're a nice girl, but I'm just not interested."

Kira

I sigh as Watari walks away. Why can't he just leave her already?! He doesn't even know her. I've been there for him, I've supported him and he's still chasing after a girl that's a world away? Probably a catfish for all he knows...

I sigh and leave the park by myself. While walking back to my dorm, my phone rings in my pocket.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Kira," My cousin, Ryu greets. "So you know how my dad coaches my soccer team right?"

"Yeah,"

"Well his assistant coach just quit because of personal issues. Do you know anyone that can assist my dad?"

A lightbulb flashes in my mind and I smirk. "A soccer player? I know the perfect person for you..."

Maika

I tidy up my room after a nap and sort out my belongings. A lot of my clothes can't fit me know so I'll donate them. I hang my new clothes that I bought from Italy in my closet and come across the trophies from my youth. I display them on a shelf above my desk, next to pictures of me and my friends.

Will they greet me with open arms? Or will they cast me aside?

They probably replaced me.

I sigh and continue unpacking. Thirty minutes later, my friend from Italy, Zeno, calls. We were both foreigners when we came to the academy so we became friends instantly. Zeno is half Italian and half Japanese but he grew up in the US so he knew all three languages and we could communicate easily.

"Hey Zeno,"

"Maika! Are you in Japan now?"

"Mhm! I'm unpacking right now, did you just wake up?"

"Yes, I have class in a bit,"

"I shouldn't keep you then,"

"I would rather be late than miss talking to my best friend!" I can practically imagine his radiant smile after he says that and I chuckle.

"So you'd rather get punished by the principal? Remember what happened last time when we were late, Zeno,"

"Erm... On second thought, I should get ready for class. I'll be seeing you!" Zeno nervously stammers into the phone. I laugh and bid him goodbye as he ends the call.

The calling screen disappears and my wallpaper appears on the screen. My friends from Italy fill the screen. I weakly smile with a heavy heart, knowing that I'll probably never see them again.

You made the right choice Maika... It was time to return anyways.

♪ ♪ ♪

Finals are finally over!! Today I didn't even have any so it was a relaxing Friday but right after school I had a dress rehearsal for my kpop dance group's performance and I'm exhausted!!

Hope you guys liked this!!

Rachel ♡