Prologue

Prologue

Love is a powerful force. It can bring you danger, it can bring you peace. It can bring you sorrow but it can bring you happiness. It can also be the source of your strength but it can also be your downfall. You never know what love can bring unless you felt it yourself.

Love is a wonderful thing. It is a gift and a blessing at the same time. It gives you the power to do the impossible. It gives you courage, it makes you strong. It brings out the best in yourself. Love is beautiful... Or so I thought it was. But I was wrong.

Because the truth is, it is cunning. Love is cruel. Love is selfish. It can make you do awful things. It is not what everyone thought it was. The power it brings is dangerous. The only thing it brought me was misery. It took everything away from me. My family and my identity. And now, it's about to take the only person who matters to me most.

I tried to look for him and luckily, I saw him. He was shooting the people who wants to kill us.

"Scarlet!" He shouted.

I ran to his side hastily until I hugged him.

"Listen to me, Scarlet." He held both my cheeks with his soft hands.

"I have to go now. I have to finish this." He exclaimed.

We heard few more gunshots nearing us.

"I'm going with you. I have to go with you." I cried out.

"No, Scarlet. It's dangerous. You have to stay here. With my people. They'll keep you alive." He reasoned out.

"No! I don't want to. My life means nothing if you're not with me. I can protect myself, you know that." I shouted.

"The thing is, I don't want you to do that. That's why, I'm here. To keep you away from harm." He mumbled.

"But who's going to protect you?" I choked on my own words.

"Scarlet." He wiped my tears.

"Scarlet, listen to me." He made me look at him.

"We made a promise. With or without me, right?" My tears started falling with no sign of stopping.

I shook my head desperately.

"Nooo."

"Be strong, Scarlet." He wiped my tears with his thumb.

He then kissed my forehead tenderly.

"Live, Scarlet. Live for me." I hugged him tight not minding the gunshots around us.

He pulled out from the hug and held my cheeks one last time.

"I love you." He gave me a quick gentle kiss before running to the other side of the room.

My eyes were blurry while I try to follow him but his people are keeping me from doing it. I desperately shouted his name while I watched him slipped away from me.

How many times do I have to lose someone in my lifetime? What did I do to deserve all this pain I'm feeling?