Chapter 3

Thank you for the reads I gained for the past few months. I'm sorry for not updating for so long. I don't even think that someone is waiting for an update anyway. But I will continue uploading chapters until I finish this because I want to express myself through writing. I am not here to gain followers or something. I just really want to get everything out of my head. So for making it up to those who want to follow Scarlet and Levi's story, here's a two-chapter update for you.

Warning! Explicit language ahead. Happy reading. Thanks!

Chapter 3 – Secretary

“This is stupid!” He threw the folder in my face after reading the financial report from accounting dept.

“I’m sorry, sir. I’ll tell the finance head right away.” I gathered the paper and stood up.

“You should be. Don’t come back until it’s fixed. And don’t let anyone come inside my office. Understood?” He told me impatiently.

“Yes, sir.” I immediately went to finance department and told the finance head what Levi told me.

He told me that he will fix it right away.

I started making my way back to my office when I thought of having a moment at the rooftop.

10 minutes. I need 10 minutes.

That fucking guy. Just wait, you fucking Ackerman. I’m going to slit your throat out of your fucking neck until all your blood runs out. I’m going to kill you in every possible way I can and in every possible opportunities I have.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard my phone rang.

Jaeger calling…

I was about to drop the call but then I realized that maybe he can help with my dilemma so I accepted the call.

“What the fuck do you want, Jaeger?”

But still, the Scar style.

“C’mon, Let. It’s your first day. How was it?” He excitedly asked me.

“Worst.” I simply said.

“I suppose you’re going to finish your job in less than 24 hours, am I right?” He proudly said.

“No. I’m still waiting for the perfect opportunity to kill him in the most unimaginable way possible. I’m not going to kill him right away just like all my other targets. I want him to experience what he made me experience in this fucking job.” I said.

“Well, good luck with that. I gotta go though. Ganbare-masu.” He cheered me up.

Eren.” I called him with a low voice.

“Did you just call me Eren?” I can even see his eyes sparkling in my head even though we're just talking over the phone.

“No. You dimwit.” Why did I even call him that? What's gotten into me? Am I crazy?

“No, you called me by my name.” He insisted.

He was always the one reaching out to me. And even though I'm not the friendly type, as what Erwin would say to describe me, he keeps on coming back just like a boomerang. Now, it reminds me about someone.

“I always call you by your name, dumbass.” Keep on denying it, Scarlet. C'mon.

“No, I mean my first name.” He was really insistent.

I knew. He wants to be friends with me. But I keep on denying and rejecting him. It's for the both of us. I'm not doing this because I'm heartless or something. That guy doesn't know what it's like to lose someone important to him. I don't ever want him to experience the same as mine.