Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Saved

Only a week had passed after he asked me to clean up his mess but I’ve already casted away a lot of women in his place.

I shouldn’t be stressing over this issue and yet here I am, carrying all the burdens lying to all of them. Though lying is not much of an issue for me because I do that a lot, but all these women are stressing me.

I even made up different excuses for Levi. Like, he’s out of town and he will come back next month. He is sick and is on coma. They even asked me what hospital is he in. They said they will visit him. I even showed how bitch I am just for that guy. Not just once, or twice but a lot of times. I’m not complaining on that part though. I even liked every bit of it. But it’s really tiring at some point. They’re pushing me to my fucking limits. They should be thankful that I don’t bring my gun here because if I do, they’ll be dead already, the moment they stepped in my front door.

“Is she gone?” Levi peeped in through the connecting door to ask me.

“Yes.” I slumped lazily in my seat after I confronted the girl who just left.

“What did you say?” He said as he fully entered my office.

“Nothing you should care about.” I acted bitch in front of him.

It’s really tiring you know. Insisting that the guy they were looking for is gone.

“Scarlet.” He said in a warning tone.

“I said, stop calling me Scarlet.” I stood up from my seat and looked at him murderously.

“Then what do you want me to call you? Amara?” I stared at him furiously after he said those.

“Now you’re dead.” I ran to where he is.

I attacked him with my hand-to-hand combat skills but he knew how to deploy countermeasures on my attack. I keep on sneaking punches to his face but he keeps defending himself until he found an opportunity because I was open on my left side. He threw me off on the floor. I grunted not because of pain but because of frustration. This is the first time someone defeated me on the thing I am best at.

“That was your name. What do you want me to call you? Sarah?” He smirked as he pushed me harder on the floor.

“What the fuck, Levi. I’m not one of your flings.” I said as I fought my way out of his grasp.

“Oh, so there’s a Sarah in them.” He acted like he dropped of his guard but I can’t still escape from him.

He’s strong a’right; slightly stronger than me. Slightly.

“You know, I admire you for memorizing their names. I can’t even remember their names for 5 minutes.” He said as he’s still pinning me down on the floor.

How long are we going to stay in this position?

“I didn’t memorize it. I just remembered. Let me go.” I said as I started moving out of his grasp.

He stopped pinning me down so I stood up and fixed my uniform.

“Where did you learn how to fight, Scarlet?” He asked me.

“You know, for a guy who’s ruthless and stoic like you, you’re pretty insistent.” I said.

“You know, for a secretary, you’re talking as if you’re more superior than me. I’m still your boss. If that will help you remember your place.” He said.

“You still need my help. That’s a fact.” I argued.

“I can fire you anytime.” He threatened me.