one - him

she came into the shop ever so quietly. i watched her from the counter, while cody attended to her. she closed her umbrella and took out her earbuds to look up at cody. she didn't crack a smile, or any sort of expression on her face, she just took her menu and walked right past cody and to the window seat in the corner. 

cody came back to the counter and looked at me all weirded out.

"dude, that girl's weird. she didn't say anything to me, and did you see how she just brushed past me?! how rude!" cody complained to me in a hushed tone. 

"i can take her order for you if you want." i shrugged, it wasn't like i had anything else to do anyways. 

"yes please. i don't know what it is but that girl creeps the heck out of me." cody replied, shuddering.

a few minutes passed, i figured that the girl would be ready to order. i grabbed my notepad and pen and walked over to her table.

"hello miss. are you ready to order?" i asked as i placed a cup of warm tea on her table. the only response that i got from her was a simple nod.

"um okay, what would you like to order?" i asked, nervously. it was just like i was having a conversation with myself! all the girl did in reply was that she pointed to our udon combo.

"one udon combo? is that all?" i asked and once again, i got a silent nod. i quickly wrote down the order on my notepad before taking her menu and walking back to the counter. i ripped the order off the notepad and placed it on the kitchen counter.

"one udon combo!" i yelled into the kitchen. 

a couple minutes later, the meal was ready. i brought the order over to the silent girl and she accepted it silently. from the counter, i watched her eat silently. she ate her udon noodles one by one, while staring out into the street. i wondered why she was so quiet. 

~~~

unedited