eight- her

author's note before reading:

This chapter will be in the girl's point of view as per usual, but it will be written in first person. Just wanted to leave a little note beforehand so that no-one would get confused. Thanks!

~~~

holy heck... i can't believe what just happened. here i am, sitting in caroline's living room watching a music video of bts and caroline comes barging in yelling that she's set me up for a blind date with her boyfriend's friend.

"oh my gosh!!! caroline!! you're insane!! you know how terrible i am with guys! and i haven't even met this person before and who knows what he's like and oh my gosh i'm going to embarrass myself and and and and and and...!!!" i freak out, frantically waving my hands in the air. caroline hands me a glass of water.

"calm yourself girl. from what cody's told me, he's really nice. he's kinda awkward at first, and kinda cheesy but he's a nice guy overall." caroline explained, opening up a lollipop and sticking it in her mouth. i sigh.

caroline knows me the best, and yet i'm still fake in front of her. sure, going out with a random guy is kinda sketchy and no matter what, i would be against it but... i really need to get out there more often... and a new person means a new start for me.. i pondered, staring off into space. caroline gave me a weird look and waved her hand in front of my face a couple of times.

"earth to alice? you alright?" she asked.

"yeah, i'm fine. i'm just thinking about all the possibilities that this will go wrong...and the reason why you're my best friend..." i joked, sticking out my tongue. a smile grew on caroline's face and she tackled me.

"girl, we're best friends for a reason!" she exclaimed and started to tickle me.

that night was full of laughter and tickles without a care in the world.