Widowmaker - Evil is just a perspective

Prompt: (got this from daily-prompts on tumblr. Thank you for your amazing prompts! I enjoy writing them!)
Try writing a scene from the perspective from either the villain or the hero, but don't write which one your doing. Try making it so that you can't find out right away which one your writing about, make it obscure. Maybe add hints in the scene.

"What am I?"

"Who am I?"

Silence. A sigh could be heard.

"What have I done?"

It had been two weeks now, two weeks since killing my husband, or was he hers? I don't even know whom he was. I'm almost like a schizofrenic, except that I'm not. I'm a brainwashed ex-ballet dancer, who was sent to kill my, no her, well someone's husband.

When I returned I was thrown in chains again, put under all sorts of chemicals and machinery, who knows what's left of that normal human body.

Inside we're still fighting. The loving, graceful, and kindhearted Amélie. Against her evil, patient, ruthless dark side, Widowmaker. I don't even remember which one I am.

I can't believe they named me after a spider. I'm told that there was a Spiderman, and this is apparently a joke which old men who saw the original movies can laugh about.

I hate being laughed at.

I hate being everyone's guinea pig.

I hate being me.

I don't want to be their slave, but what can I do about it? I can't run, I'm locked up in chains. I seek adventure, danger, only to fall asleep in Gerard's arms in the evening.

Our thoughts are getting mixed up now, too. This is definitely new.

"Get a hold of yourself, Widowmaker."

I decided to say that name with some extra intensity, I don't even know for whom I was doing that for. We're one and the same now, why not have the same name as well?

Why aren't they still uncuffing me? Am I still too unpredictable? I thought I was in excellent shape, perfect for murdering for people I don't even trust.

I might trust them eventually. We'll see how it goes. I'm not weak, then again, was I ever?

Was I recently born, or have I been around for almost thirty years? Our thoughts begin to interlude. Amélie becomes Widowmaker, Widowmaker becomes Amélie, and so forth. It seems like a never ending process that will take an unbearable amount of time and persistence.

Who knows? Maybe we end up being the perfect mixture. Out on missions we might be able to drown out our feeling and shoot people with incredible ease, and back at the base, we can get our empathy back and make steak du boeuf avec des champignons. Gerard was always home late, and we used to cook that for him when he was knackered by his work.

I'm choosing the term 'we' now. There's no point in having my own mind anymore.

.

It's days later, and we're finally released from that dreaded chair slash torture device slash operation table. It feels good, stretching our limbs, being able to move again. For fun we try to do a few dances from one of the recitals we did, and it goes perfectly well, with incredible patience.

In the recent days we still have had a lot of discussion, but we've decided. Amélie gets 50 percent, Widowmaker gets 50 percent. We have to hide Amélie a lot of course, because if they found out about us still having feelings and empathy, we'll be put under everything again. We've agreed to only use 'we' to ourselves, and 'I' for anyone else.

We are Widowmaker, we appear to be a ruthless killer with incredible precision, and who always gets her deed done. We never show empathy or sadness after murdering, we return with Talon after a mission because they're the only people we have.

But inside, we mourn Gerard everyday, we practice ballet in the nights when we can't sleep, and we pray that one day we will be released, leaving us to live in peace.

We are one and the same

Nous sommes un rêverie ressembler un cauchemar.

Translations:
Steak du boeuf avec des champignons - steak with mushrooms
Nous sommes un rêverie ressembler un cauchemar - We are a daydream looking like a nightmare.

A/N: okay let me tell you this, I love writing these mind stories. I really do. It's fun to have these thoughts mixed and you can do stuff with it, it's amazing. By the way, I wrote it from Widow's perspective, but tried to keep it very subtle.

This is how I believe Widow's actual story went. I try to think up the backstory and um, this is one of the ways how uhhhh oKAY I NEED A REASON TO SHIP SPIDERBYTE you caught me.

I am not French. I'm Dutch but I take French in school, not that good at it but I try. Only did a minimal amount just for the extra drama.

This is getting long. Adieu, chèries.