Chapter 1

"What's your name?" the insanely cute guy called Harry asks me as he shows me into their suite. Holy shit... my entire apartment could fit in here. Who are these kids?

"You can call me Scar, everyone does. But... you guys look kinda familiar and I'm hoping it's not from the police's most wanted files."

"You don't know who we are?"

"Am I supposed to?"

The boys look at each other and all burst into laughter.

"As you already know, I'm Harry."

"Niall."

"Louis."

"Liam."

They all introduce themselves and the older man in the room remains quiet and takes himself off to what I assume is one of the rooms leading off the lounge area of the suite.

"That's Paul, he looks after us."

"As in parole officer or bodyguard?"

"You ever heard of the band One Direction?" Louis asks holding his hands up and out and smiles as it finally dawns on me.

"Holy Shit. But isn't there supposed to be another one and I'm so sorry, and no offence, it's just that I don't really listen to your music and don't ever get a chance to watch tv and I feel so crappy right now and you guys are so nice helping me out and even cheering me up. Oh My God."

"Woah, easy there Scar, word vomit much," Liam teases.

I drop my head into my hands, "I thought you were criminals," I mumble.

All the boys laugh and lead me to the couches but Niall immediately goes to the phone to order room service.

Harry places himself right next to me on the couch and drops his hand onto my shoulders.

"I don't mean to be forward but would you tell us what happened back there?"

His voice is soft and raspy and I immediately like him.

"It's embarrassing and heartbreaking and I really don't want you guys to pity me right now. I've had about all I can manage for one evening."

"Hey no pressure, we don't mind if you don't want to."

"It's just... that was my boyfriend back there... well ex-boyfriend now." I pause taking a deep breathe. "And I just caught him cheating on me." I shrug trying to blink back the tears.

"You're being serious?" Louis asks me incredulously.

"Yeah, I uh... I walked in on them." Harry pulls me in for a hug and I bury my face in his shoulder. "Would you guys mind if I take my shoes off?"

"Not a problem love, go right ahead," Liam responds to me.

I kick off my shoes and bring my knees up to my chest hugging them tightly.

I turn my head to the boys, "Tell me about you all, I swear what happens in South Africa stays in South Africa."

"First tell us about your name Scar, it's interesting." Niall asks me, this kid is seriously to school for cool and it's refreshing.

"It's Olivia Scarlett Ashford actually. My Gran is Olivia, my mum is Olivia Kelly, we call her Olly and then there's me, hence the nickname Scar."

"I love Olivia, it has a ring to it," Harry laughs out.

"Hey! I wanted to say that, I love I love Olivia." Liam calls out as he throws a pillow at Harry and we all laugh.

Room Service arrives and we all tuck into the feast Niall had ordered.

"So I don't know the band well, but isn't there a fifth member?" I ask and everyone immediately stops chewing.

"He quit the band just before our tour here." Louis responds to my question and I can tell it's still too soon for them to want to talk about it.

"I hope you didn't walk in on him cheating." I stage whisper.

Four sets of eyes turn to me, bright with laughter.

"You're alright Olivia, you're alright."

We sit up way into the night, talking, eating and laughing.

"I have to go, but seriously guys, thanks so much. I might even buy your album now." I say standing up.

"You can stay the night if you like, or what's left of it." Liam offers.

"I... I really don't want to impose."

"You can even have my bed and I'll borrow you a t-shirt to sleep in, no imposition at all." Harry continues.

"One condition," I say, "you don't mind if I do a quick Google search to check if you are actually a boy band and not escapees from a psych ward?" I smile, getting four pillows thrown at me from every angle.

I say goodnight and Harry leads me to his bed, stopping to pass me a t-shirt.

"Would you mind waiting in here while I go change?"

I head to the bathroom and thanks to Harry's height his t-shirt hangs way over mid-thigh. I get back to the room and he's sitting on the bed removing his shoes.

"I feel really bad about kicking you out of your bed, how about we share and go top to toe. I'll take the bottom."

"Then I'd feel bad, how about you stay at the top with me and I swear I won't cuddle you. I rather prefer being the small spoon."

"Then we're definitely going to have issues, I'm a big spoon kinda girl." I smile at him as he laughs.

"Just get in."

I awake early the next morning, thank the boys and all of us exchange numbers with the promise to stay in touch.

"Not that we find in necessary to ask..." Niall says sheepishly, "But would you mind not sharing our numbers."

"Hey. Cross my heart. I don't know what I would have done without you."