magic must be love

relax your mind
lay back and groove with mine.

night 1.

somewhere around the 26th and the 29th, andy's mom would leave on a business trip. she had told him a few days prior, mentioning the fact and giving him the usual rundown he got when he was being left alone. no parties (if he had managed to befriend the whole school in a week), no drinking, no going out past curfew. the usual spiel.

waking up that morning was easy for once.
tuesday mornings were usually slow for them. that was an early release day, and andy never bothered showing up for first period. a trip to 7-11 across the street with kellin was their weekly ritual and they'd take the whole hour slot to fuck around inside and make coffee for all of their friends. it was definitely his favorite part of the day. simple things, simple pleasures.

then he would spend the whole day at either oli's or vic's since his mother came home late. except today. she was leaving today, rushing through each room and checking off a list she curated in her head.

"you know the rules." she warned, raising a brow at the tired boy. shoving keys into her pocket, she skimmed through her purse making sure she had everything she needed.
"okay, i get it." andy spoke with a mouth full of cereal. his spoon clattered against the ceramic bowl. "i won't do anything dumb, i promise."

his mother's face softened. letting out a sigh, she took a hold of her handbag before her gaze settled directly onto the boy.
"you're sure you'll be fine alone?" her voice slowed, concern contorting her features.

andy cleared his throat. sure, she had noticed the change in attitude. but there were still times where crying had echoed through the empty hallways. late at night, when he was truly alone. or somedays where it took longer than usual for andy to get out of bed. yes, it had gotten easier, but the same things haunting her still plagued him.

he shrugged. a look of distaste settled on his face.
"i'll be fine, okay? don't worry about me." andy flashed a small smile at her before she gave a sigh of relief.
"call me if anything." the blonde woman added while picking up her suitcase.
"will do." andy assured her.

that was yesterday.

the sunset was just beginning to fall, gold light bathing the neighborhood and pouring in through the glass. a terrible boredom seized him. oli was busy with homework. kellin had cheer practice. so here andy was: tuesday night. alone. curled up on the couch, andy lay half asleep. every once and a while a car would pass by and the sound of tires against gravel would wake him up.

when in doubt, who do you call?

your boyfriend, that's for sure. with trembling fingers, he picked up his phone and scrolled through family members and old friends to find the person he so desperately craved company from. no matter how many times he called, he'd still feel unbearably clingy.

two rings. then he picked up.
"hi." vic answered brightly. andy could hear the that 70's show theme song playing on the other end. over at vic's house, the chipper brunette was in the same predicament. kicking his feet onto the coffee table, he awaited andy's reply.

"so my mom's gone for the week and i thought maybe you might wanna come over.." andy asked before sitting up.

"no head."

he tried his hardest not to laugh.

"vic i swear if that's a vine reference—and i didn't mean it like that!"