semi charmed

i wish i could get back there, someplace back there
smiling in the pictures you would take.
doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break!

night 2.
part 1.
long car rides were still andy's favorite.
passing cars were nothing but distant blurs of light. the drive home would be long and uneventful up until they reached the freeway, where the street traffic would disappear. you had to use the freeway to get to lakewood. it was bothersome because lacey, where they lived, was only a good 10 or 15 minutes away, but there wasn't any other way to get there through the streets. the military base blocked it off.

for once, he wasn't driving. oli was. vic sat in the passenger seat, kellin and andy in the back. every once and a while a pickup truck or beetle would drive by and oli would be greeted with a hard punch.
thump.
vic's tiny fist met oli's shoulder.
"that's cheating!"
"it's got a red stripe! we're doing red stupid ass!"

kellin's palm came down sharply against andy's thigh, startling the quiet boy.
"i'm not playing!" andy huffed, swatting away kellin's hand. the elder boy let out a cackle before leaning his head against the window.
"c'mon. it's fun." vic giggled from the front of the car.
"not for us!" oli and andy yelled defensively.

one more week before everything would return to normal. well, less than that. more like a few days. everything would come to it's end; including the short-lived freedom he was experiencing. he wondered if this is how it'd be after he graduated. if he even made it. getting out of bed was still the hardest part of his day.

it was times like these where he thought his dad. when he wasn't doing anything to occupy his mind and he was left alone with the memories. more often than not, andy would smile. if tears threatened to fall, he'd blink them back. it still hurt. of course it did. but it was a dull ache—a burn in his chest that felt as if water filled his lungs. but then he'd remember the good times. the laughter that made his sides ache, where it was so intense he only let out silent wheezes. an impossibly tight hug after his grades came home and he'd gotten all As. soft ice cream on a mid-summer night. and he'd smile. because he knew his dad wouldn't have wanted him to be so sad.

so when andy went silent even when the rest of them had been talking his ear off, laughing and screaming along to oli's playlist, they didn't bug him. ocean-hued eyes gave a knowing look to tawny ones and andy returned the gesture.

i want something else
to get me through this semi-charmed kinda life!

vic's voice was so distinct, much louder than the others.
spring showers tapped against the windshield. evergreen trees enveloped them as they drove down the freeway back to their city.
"you're the priestess i must confess.." andy joined in last minute. out of the whole song, this was his favorite set of lines. they reminded him of vic.
"those little red panties, they pass the test, slide up around the belly face down on the mattress!" vic finished the line with a grin. shaking his head, a big goofy smile—one that showed off all of his teeth found itself on andy's face. the shaggy-haired brunette up front turned the volume on the radio up even louder. music could change his mood faster than anything else.
"one. now you hold me, and we're broken.." oli joined them.
"still it's all that i wanna do: just a little now!" all four voices shouted. a shitty, make-shift choir is exactly what they sounded like. they were screaming, not singing.
but it was okay, because they were okay. and andy had to be okay, because that's what he would've wanted.

"who followed you home?" coffee-colored orbs widening once kellin finished his sentence. the other boy sat atop the counter, swinging his legs as he watched vic frying the flautas and andy struggling with opening a can of beans. oli lay sprawled out on the couch; obviously shying away from the kitchen since he burned everything he touched.
"that kid in our math class. tyler." blinking slowly, kellin tried not to scream at the memory. "i'm easy. but not for him. he thinks that's an acceptable form of asking me out."

"you're not easy. you got expectations like harvard." andy shook his head. the beans plopped into the sauce pan he had heating up. he gagged at the shape. it was just a big chunk of refried beans.
"gross." kellin commented.

"that's why he was.. DENIED!" oli called out from the living room. andy snorted as he stirred the pot.

kellin dated a lot of guys. and maybe they made him think he was happy. maybe for a little while. but no one could make kellin as happy as matty did. the one good relationship that had come out of sophomore year. or his friends. if he really had to choose, he'd choose them over everyone else. the girls on the cheer squad, and vic, oli, and andy were really all he needed.

"i think i'm just done with dating in general." kellin spoke with a mouth full of chips. placing his plate down, he joined the group at the dining table. "i hate guys. they ain't shit."

'family' dinner night was a success. well, the cooking part was. mostly because vic did all the work.

"they can't make you laugh." andy smiled, grabbing a bottle from the cheap six pack of hard lemonade they had bought earlier. the cap popped open with a clack. he proceeded to open three more, passing them to the others.
"they can't make you feel the way we do." oli added with a smirk.
"guys suck. all they wanna do is play fortnite and shit." vic stuck his tongue out directly at andy.
"you play fortnite with me!" andy whined.

loud banter, friendly arguments, laughter and alcohol. wide, glassy eyes not from any high, but pure happiness.
andy really did hope life was like this after graduation. high school isn't forever, but he hoped the joy was.

"couple problems." oli whispered. andy gave him a slap while kellin forced a laugh down.
"oh, shut up."

a/n: this how andy n vic look playing fortnite

BYE KSKSKSalso i realized i update around the same time every night damn

BYE KSKSKS
also i realized i update around the same time every night damn