night channels

we danced naked outside of your bathroom
until our bare feet sweat tracks in the tile
as you came you moaned about loving them,
such convenience in regret after the fact.

somewhere between 1 and 2 in the morning, vic had proposed a walk on the beach.
the reckless abandon that vic had was still present. it was always there, not always in use but still there. something small, like the ticking of a clock. the same way it was when they had first met. vic was never sleepy—always up for an adventure.

the air was temperate, a small breeze brushing by every now and then. andy wanted so badly to feel the water, but it was way too cold. he had already stepped in it and screamed so loud they worried someone would think they were in trouble.
vic had never laughed harder in his life.
but they could get sick. so instead they just walked up the beach. walking with nowhere to go.

once and a while, pale moonlight would cascade over andy so perfectly that he resembled a painting. raven hair matted against his forehead. he struggled to keep it out of his face as the wind blew. they had done this twice before. where it got silent and every move was weighted, the lack of conversation making everything seem deeper than it was because the silence made andy think. the atmosphere was thick and each breath heavy, emotion crashing like waves over his flesh. like severed teeth gnawing at decayed bone.

"are you good?" vic asked with a small, nervous laugh. at first he gave vic a puzzled look before letting out a laugh of his own. anxiously, andy ran a hand through his hair. he knew what vic meant by that; it was written all over his reddened face. with his left hand he guided vic as they walked, resting his palm right over the spot where vic's dimples were.
"y-yeah. i am." andy nodded almost too eagerly. "are you?" he laughed again. this time his voice shook.
"not really." vic shook his head. they were really something. just looking at one another could get their hearts racing.
"relax." andy cooed, the rasp in his voice sending vic's pulse up to the stars. the taller male nudged him slightly as he gave a reassuring smirk.

but how could vic relax with his hand at the small of his back?

angles. angles were everything. from the back, andy looked intimidating. from the right, lithe and graceful. from the front? this was vic's favorite. delicate, ski-slope nose adorned with that nose ring he never took out. matching with the silver one on his bottom lip, creating a dent in this tooth because he chewed on it so damn much. and those eyes. holy shit, they took vic's breath away.

andy hated it when people gushed over his eyes.
blue eyes get all the attention. they're not special.
but they were not just blue. just like how vic's weren't just brown. they were glass foggy from december rain, droplets trickling against the surface. sea breaking on the rocks. hydrangeas poking out from the bushes in someone's garden. glittering skies. they resembled everything from glaciers to the deepest oceans. yes, blue eyes got the most attention, but andy's deserved it.
andy was breathtaking. the kind of beautiful you write about; where your skin turns crimson and aches to be touched, a kind of beautiful that tugs at your heart, the kind of beauty found in art galleries. he was a priceless piece of art vic would never get tired of looking at.

moonlight casted shadows over hollow bodies, only the energy that bonded them together present. they could almost see it.

day two. they had two days left, not counting the one they needed to drive back. two days before they had to go back home and face everything he dreaded. empty spaces and stressful nights. they had SATS coming. then oli graduates. then one last summer before the end of life as they knew it. god, andy didn't even know what he wanted to do after. would he go to college? his mom wanted him too. vic's mom also wanted him to go. vic loved music. so did he. kellin already had scholarships lined up, athletic and academic. why couldn't he be smart? or productive?