Error 13: Permission Denied

We went back in silence, Elliot holding my hand tightly during the whole trip, like a scared kid. Once home I looked at him. I sure as hell wasn't going to leave him alone. He gave me a puzzled look when I followed him inside the house.

"Elliot, I'm not going to leave you alone, I don't care what you say," I said firmly

He just nodded without saying anything. I slowly closed the door as I saw him kneeling down to feed his fish. I sat down next to him, on the floor with my legs crossed, looking at him watching intensely the small tank.

"He's Qwerty, Shayla gave it to me."

"Shayla?"

"Yeah she's... she's my drug dealer, she's the one who gets me the morphine.."

I nodded in response. We kept looking at the fish until he stood up and sat on the couch, sighing as he let his head rest against the wall.

"Hey"

He didn't even bother to raise his head, he just looked at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Ice cream?"

He nodded, putting his hands on his face. So I went to my house, took the ice cream and my Bluetooth speaker. Once on the couch, both with a spoon in our hand, I played some random playlist on my phone. I put my head on Elliot's legs, gaining almost no reaction from him. I put the pot of ice cream on my chest, careful not to spill the melted amount on the floor.

"Mmh. Elliot, what OS do you use?" I asked him, sucking on the spoon. As I looked at him, I felt him shifting his position.

"Linux"

"Would've bet my hand, I use it too" I replied, taking some more ice cream.

"I'm on fire" by Bruce Springsteen started playing and I couldn't control my self so I got up and started singing and slow dancing. I saw Elliot lighting himself a cigarette as he watched me dance. I sang each word into the spoon, using it as a microphone.

"I can take you higher... I'm on fire.."

I let the spoon fall on the ground as I sat on his lap, my legs on each side of him, putting my arms on his shoulder. He took a drag on his cigarette as I looked him straight in the eyes. He shifted his gaze towards me and when that happened time stopped, the music stopped, everything did. Unlike the other night, he slowly brought his head closer to mine, almost as he needed approval from me. When I didn't move he softly kissed me, letting me taste the flavor of cigarette, as his lips moved with mine. I brought my hands to the back of his head, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss.

I needed more.

The speaker started playing "pour some sugar on me" by Def Leppard almost as if it knew our movements. The kiss became more and more passionate as each note of the song passed. He shyly put his hand on my hips, gripping them tightly as I started moving my hips on him following the rhythm of the music. I could feel the heat rising between us, there was this fire that ignited the first time we clumsily brushed our hands together. When he involuntarily thrusted his hips upwards, I pulled his hair, causing him to inhale sharply. That's when he stopped, breaking the kiss and gently pushing me off of him.

"I'm sorry," he said while walking towards the bathroom.

I sat on the couch, readjusting my hair. Did that really just happen? Because damn. It was good. Good? Whom am I trying to fool? It was hot as hell.

Jennifer, control yourself for God's sake.

As I waited for him I started looking around, finding various empty bottles of morphine scattered throughout the house. I saw the microwave open, and what looked like a black stain inside of it. On the glass plate,  there were a couple of RAM modules, burnt.

That's where the smell of burnt came from.

But why? Burning the RAM modules made no sense; it didn't actually help you cover your tracks. I headed towards the terminal, looking at the coffee table, messier than usual, with half a line of what I guessed was morphine. I sighed, sitting down at his computer station. There was a small window open, "script.py" and I quickly read what was written on it. It was a malware, a malicious software, whose job was to disrupt operations. As I was studying the code, I almost jumped out of my seat:

"What do you think you're doing?"

I turned around, only to see Elliot who stood behind me, with his arms on the sides of his body. He was staring at me, not even blinking and he was starting to scare me.

"I w-was just looking at this," I told him as I stood up and stepped away from him. He kept walking in front of me, eventually pushing me against the wall. He approached me, getting dangerously close to my face. This was not him, I saw anger in him as he looked at me dead in the eyes.

"What. Do. You. Think. You're doing." He asked again, taking me by my wrist, squeezing it.

"Elliot. Stop, you're hurting me" I whispered trying to pull my arm away.

"You know what that is, don't you?" He kept being close to me, anger radiating off him.

"It's a malware, but it's not done yet," I said, pushing myself as close to the wall as I could.

"Keep your nose out of my business if you want to maintain your safety. Is this clear?"

He kept squeezing my wrist, now pointing his finger at me. I felt tears of fear build up in my eyes, but I swallowed, trying to push back the tears. Immediately after that, his eyes changed, in a matter of seconds his features softened, soon changing in an expression of horror as he saw what he was doing. He backed away, shaking his head as he kept mumbling "no.. no..no". I tried to take his hand but before I could even reach for it he pulled it away.

"Elliot.."

"What have I done.." he whispered before putting the hoodie over his head and running away. I tried to stop him but it was useless. He was gone.

Again.