7.

It had been a week since King and K.O. had been to California to get Kai. She had gave her job a notice and put her house on the market. She was finishing packing up her things but had to sell the furniture.

King and K.O. Had been staying in the hotel, giving her some space. But King was over her house almost everyday to visit Koda and make up for lost time.

He looked down at her, "I can't believe you had her and didn't tell me. How long did you plan to keep this up?"

Kai taped up a box full of Koda's clothes and wrote on the box with a marker and sighed. "I was going to tell you within the next month... i just couldn't be around you and your lifestyle. Especially while I was pregnant, I didn't want to be put in harms way nor be stressed out." She said handing the box the the movers.

"You knew I would've protected you. Don't do that. And I'm out of the game now. I own a couple businesses but besides that I'm all yours. I can't promise that there won't be drama and commotion because of who I am. But I promise to dead every nigga or bitch that step our way. And I put that on my life."

Koda giggled and played with her daddy's hand.

Kai just looked at the two of them and thought...

I hope he's serious... my baby is my world and I would do anything for her... even if that means protecting her from her dad and his crazy ass life... Here I am, in love with a man who's lifestyle could end mine.. I said I was done with thugs and dope dealers... now here I am alternating from one to the next...

Kai knew that the year she spent without King was the longest one of her life and it took everything in her not to run back... they were soulmates and even though being with him went against what her mind thought.. it was all about what her heart wanted.