7

"Why did we agree to get ice cream? I'm literally frozen." Jae whined shoving his hands deeper into his pockets. "We could've just met at my house and been happy but no, we just had to go get ice cream in the middle of the fucking winter." He huffed, a shiver running up his spine. The other four ignored the boy, tired of his constant whining and complains about the winter. "And another thing-" His words were cut off by Sungjin putting his hand over his mouth. His hand was freezing making Jae squeak and jump back from it, not successfully.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Sungjin's voice held a strict  tone as he emphasized each word. Jae frowned but pretending to zip his mouth shut. He glanced over towards Younghyun, trying to see if he would help him at all. All he saw was Younghyun walking away laughing at some joke and leaning on Wonpil in attempt to walk normally. Jae's frown deepened as he seen the two. Dowoon and Sungjin watched the oldest boy, curiosity shining in their eyes as they watched his fake sad expression fade into a true one. Sungjin coughed, catching his attention. "Shall we go?" He asked, his voice softer than before. Jae just nodded in response, his mind clouded.

Did Younghyun still think Wonpil was cute? What's not to like about him? He's cute. He's always so happy and barely complains or whines about things. He always wants to help everyone out, he's so selfless it isn't funny. Wonpil's the sweetest guy. Maybe he still likes him, there's no reason why he wouldn't. Jae's thoughts trailed off, leaving him silent the rest of the walk. Sungjin And Dowoon exchanged worried glances at the sudden quietness of the eldest. Jae couldn't help but block everything out. He couldn't feel his hands becoming number, nor feel his heart pounding over his thoughts.

Something wasn't right, that much was obvious. The problem was unknown to the other four. Two completely oblivious to Jae's sudden mood change as they walked ahead of the rest, joking and laughing at everything. Jae wasn't okay. His mind was a mess, he felt sick. His self doubt consuming him as they stopped in front of the first ice cream shop they seen. He placed a smile on his face, as if his mood had never changed.