Chapter 8 - ignite

Elizabeth's POV:

"Begin."

Katarina's eyes follows my every movement, studying me. When she saw my hands trembles while removing my necklace, her mouth quirks into wicked smirk. That's when i suddenly saw the small violet spark in her hands, the shade of the weather becomes darker and starting to storm. She's a stormer. She casted a dagger against my hand that's about to remove my necklace. My necklace falls from my neck and my hands stings where it was hit. I winced at the pain, silently cursing. She hit me again, this to my chest.

"Come on, lowborn. Show me what you got." Katarina taunts me.

"I can't." I mumble.

She hit me again this time harder. Range fuels me and starts to ignite within me. The familiar sensation came back again, and the need of release was too much. She was about to cast another blow at me, I raised my hand in attempt to shield me from her provoking blows. The next thing i knew, katarina was on the floor almost covered in fire. The standby healers rushed to her side. I look at my hands, they were a bit reddish and warm. The crowds were silent, everyone's eyes was on me. The whispers sounds like a harsh hush. Master gregory was shook, his eyes were longingly and confused while looking at me. Master ben approaches me and helps me to stand.

"Are you hurt, my lady?" He asked. But i can feel that is not what he wanted to asked when his eyes studies me from head to foot, as if i were riddle that needs to be solve. I was sent to the quarters to take some rest and master ben instructed a healer to check on me. They give me a tea to help me sleep well. I was about to protest that sleeping teas doesn't work on me. I've tried it before when i had trouble sleeping, I've drank more than i should but still the tea doesn't worked well on me. To my surprise, i feel dizzy and my head felt oddly heavy. As i close my eyes, the darkness consumes my vision. When i open my eyes i was in a different place, some place I've never been. I was laying in a bed, I'm trying to move but to no avail, I couldn't. So, i was just there staring at the luxurious ceiling— I heard a woman's cry, sobbing continuesly.

"How am i going to your child, your majesty?" Said the sobbing woman.

"You must. Fire runs within the child, just like the–" the other woman' said, her voice was too gentle and its almost like a whisper.

I close my eyes, i was in another place. This time, I'm covered in fire. The softness of the fire when i touched it surprised me but doesn't pain me. The thrill of watching the fire fuels something inside me. It sends an unknown energy that feels like heavenly.

I was pulled out of dreams or vision when the healer gently shake me. "Its time for supper, my lady." Supper?

"What time is it?" I asked.

"You've slept almost 7 sands. You skip lunch." You've gotta be kidding me.

"Why no one wake me up for lunch?" I said.

"His highness, told me not to wake you up until supper."

"Which Prince?" I asked.

"Prince Daemon, your grace." I was shook. Why would Daemon do that? Thats pretty odd especially knowing him. We never got along.

"He was here a sand ago before you woke up." He answered, As if he knew what i was thinking.

Without further questions, i headed into the Food Area. With the help of the Apprentice healer i didn't got lost in the way since he was also headed there. The Food Area was large enough to fit an amassed students chattering while eating. My eyes search for Dylan and Daemon. I found Dylan sitting with a group of people I didn't know in a round table that has many dishes on top of it. As i passed by, the people fell silent while their judging eyes were upon me. I kicked the urge to look at them, but i walked straight like their stare didn't much bother me. Dylan immediately found me as i get near him. Relief washes over his face.
"You woken up. How are you?" He said, relief was clear in his voice.

"I feel quite fine. Its odd but i do." I said. "Where's Daemon?"

"He said that he's not hungry and that he needs air." He said, his eyes darkens as a group of females arrived. Katarina, Adelaena and christina laughed at each other with other girls that i didn't know. I remember our duel, katarina knew exactly where to hit to provoke me. Dylan caught me watching them, he tugs at my hand to pull me down and sit right next to him.

"Where's your necklace?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.

I touched my necklace where my necklace was located. I pulled my hair out of frustration.

"I may have lost it somewhere, I don't know." I said.

"We all know what happens when you don't have that necklace on. Daemon said it may not be safe for you to let the masters know your power." Dylan said. "You may have to learn how to control it and i know someone who can help you."

"Who?" I said after stuffing a meat inside my mouth.

"Master Gregory."

An object was surrounded by a wave fire. I couldn't see clearly what it is because of the heavy smokes that caused by the fire. But i can feel the pull of electricity from that thing to me, its like its calling on to me.

I gasped for air as i woke up from my dream. I woke up earlier than i used to.  I feel so hot despite the cold temperature outside and the harsh winds. I summon a simple and small fire onto my finger tips, and it was just like that like a blink of an eye. The fire was dancing red on my finger tips. How am i going to survive? If i cant even control my own power. I'm just hoping that Master Gregory can really help me.