Prologue

Prologue

Mikoto

I hesitated. The sound of their voices was loud before I even reached the end of the park where the playground was. This was our original hang out spot. The girls who I had called my friends stood around the swings as they chat amongst each other while I just looked from a far distends.

These girls were my family...no, wait; these girls were my "friends" who I been through a lot with. We got into a lot of shit together and most of the things we did was pretty messed up. Some times I was under some serious pressure. But in the end, I still did those horrible things and I couldn't tell anyone enough how much I regretted doing them so much. These girls encouraged me to doing those things in the past that I am not proud of. I did it all by myself and I knew that they were wrong. But today...it had to end.

The sky was dark and at night the park was lit up by the dim streetlights. As I walked out of the dark shadow of the park and into the light, everyone eyes landed on me. Nothing was unusual; they all just smiled and waved "sup" to me while playing their music (which I never had taste for) out loud while some smoked cigarettes and drink beer.

I waved to everyone, trying not to look unnatural and fidgety, which I knew wasn't even working. I had to calm myself and take a deep breath. I knew that unsettling vibe was buzzing off me, but what can I say, I wasn't an actress.

I looked at the girls and they didn't even pay any mind to me. It was only 7 of them total and they were already engaged in conversation.

"Shit! Those 3rd street gangs are really getting on my fucking nerves." One of the girls said. Her name was Hitomi and she was small. She was packed with 4'9 of complete fury and attitude. She had short bleached blond hair and had a cigarette in her hand as she talked in her non-intimidating small voice. "Why the hell do I see those dick bags everywhere but 3rd street?"

"Shut up, you always have a problem with someone who hasn't done anything to you." another said. She was much taller than Hitomi (as was everyone) and really pretty in the face. She had dark brown hair that reach her shoulders and didn't wear Anything underneath her jean vest but a black lace bra. Her name was Dara and she had a bit of a cold shoulder and wasn't afraid of anyone and didn't give a damn about what people thought about her.

"It's not for no reason though, those ass eaters been eyeing us down for the longest and I don't like it!" Hitomi dropped the cigarette and jumped on the swing, which in my opinion, looked like somewhere she'd belong.

"I don't really like you very much but I deal with it. Maybe you should do the same." another bleached hair girl who we called Kiki said. Out of everyone she was the most apathetic out of us all.

Hitomi jumped from off the swing and started walking towards Kiki, "What was that!? Would you like to repeat that!?" it only took one hand from Dara to hold her back.

"How about all you shut up!" Tomore voice was much stronger than the rest. Tomore was the leader of this pack. She was tall, intimidating, scary, bipolar, angry, and lastly, violent with homicidal tendencies. After she spoke, it left the chatting between the girls come to an utter stop and the only sound was the bad taste of music playing on one of the girl's phone. Everyone look at as though their moms who just caught them drawing on the wall and had yelled at them.

"Geez whatever." Hitomi brushed it off and went back to the swing.

I gazed at Tomore and she seem like she was having a bad day. That wasn't anything new. It was hard to read her. One minute she's happy, than mad, than excited, than mad again. Being mad was her common emotion but the good thing was it wasn't hard to make her happy at all.