i worked fuckin hard on this

"Nikki, I told you this was a bad idea," Neil said as he was trying to untangle the ropes of what was supposed to be a trap. "Hey, at least it was fun," Nikki replied as she attempted to claw herself out.

"I'm gonna go get David. Max, don't you even think about it," Neil warned, predicting what Max was going to do. "Okay fine, I'll just uh sit in this tree," Max pointed to a tree that looked good for climbing.

As David followed Neil back to the spot the trio were messing around in, the trap was empty and instead, Max was stuck in the tree, hanging onto a branch for dear life. "Hang on Max, I'll climb up and get you," David said as he started climbing the tree.

After he was at a good level, David put his arms out. "Here, jump and I'll catch you, I promise." Max was a bit scared. "Are you sure?" David just nodded and smiled. Max then hesitantly let go and made a leap of faith, until.. CRACK!

The branch that David was sitting on had broken off and the two were on the ground, one of Davids arms wrapped around Max while he lay unconscious. "Da- David? Are you okay? Wake up!" Max yelled, trying to get the young adult to return to normal. "Guys, something's wrong with David!"

Gwen rushed over and heaved him over into the counsellors' cabin while most of the campers were mumbling amongst themselves. It had been an agonising 4 hours until Gwen opened the door.

"Max, in here, now," she said sternly, and he did as he was told. There sat David on his bed, who had a bandage on his hand and was stroking teh back of his head. He motioned Max over to sit on the edge of the bed, and once again, he did so.

The first thing that came out of David's mouth were the softly spoken words of, "I promised I'd catch you." and Max hugged him, tears in his eyes, and David just smiled.

The end. Thanks for reading, m8erinos. I'm not sure about this, I kinda forced myself to start it, and then the words just started flowing from then on :D