Chapter 36: Holy Flying Cows!

Jace
"Shut up."

"Don't tell me to shut up."

"Shut up!"

"Mom!!"

I groan and throw a cushion on Landon, Logan's devil of a younger brother.

"Would the two of you just shut up?!" I yell in frustration. "Thank you!"

My phone rang and I rushed to pick it up. It was the PI.

"Hello?"

"Yes Jace. I have something on her" the man's voice came.

"Really? What's that?"

"I have her credit card traced to a hotel in Dormint."

"Dormint?! That's like four hours away?!"

"Well yeah" he said in a duh tone. "I'll send you the details."

"Thanks Henry."

"Jace... I've never seen you so concerned over someone before..... You love her don't you?"

"I....."

"You don't have to say anything. Good luck kid" With that he hung up.

"Who was that?" Landon asked.

"Shut up" Logan told him and turned to him. "Who was that?"

I rolled my eyes. "Henry" I said and checked the message that he just sent to me.

"We have to go" I stood up and grabbed my jacket from the arm of the couch.

"Where to?" Landon asked.

"That's not your business" Logan snapped and stood up.

"Mom! Logan's bullying me!" I heard a groan from the kitchen and I chuckled. I would run mad if I live with these two.

We walk out the front door and quickly climb into Logan's jeep. He doesn't start the engine but just prefers to stare at me.

"Dude?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You look hot."

"Drive!" I command and he laughs, starting the engine.

"I think you had a little too much weed" I huff.

"Well sorry but I don't do weed" he replies cheerfully.

"Why are you suddenly so cheerful? You sounded a bit tense on the phone" I ask.

"First, we found Emma. Second, just one word. Landon."

"The two of you are practical the same person. He's like a smaller version of you."

"Nuh-uh. He's a little devil."

"I'm not little."

We both screamed and the car came to a screeching halt. We both turn to glare at Logan's brother in the backseat.

"Landon?! What the hell are you doing here?! You almost got us killed!" Logan yelled.

"Not my fault you scream like a girl" he rolled his eyes.

"I do not. And that's not the point, don't change the subject. What are you doing in the back seat of my car like some creepy stalker?"

How did he even get in there without us noticing?

"I don't know. I wanted to know where you were going and you didn't tell me so I snuck into your car." He shrugged.

"Your brother's a devil" I whispered to Logan.