Chapter 1.

Bridget's POV

"Mom, it's just one month please let me go stay at Grandma's. Plus, you and Cyrus will get to spend more time together", I begged my mom.
"Honey, I want you to spend time with Cyrus and I." She emphasised on the 'you'.

You see, everything in my life was going great. I was a happy seventeen year old with a loving family. My dad being a successful businessman and me being the only child, it was all luxuries for me. Thankfully, I wasn't one of those "rich ass spoiled kids." My parents taught me that if we're rich now doesn't mean we'll still remain rich the next minute. For the last couple of months, I could hear my parents arguing every night. This was new to me as I never saw my parents fight. I didn't know the reason for the constant arguing. Whenever I asked my parents, they said "Sweetheart, it's nothing."

Until One Day.
My dad left the house. I called his phone and it said switched off. I visited his company and the receptionist always said "I'm sorry Ms, Mr Satterlee doesn't want to see you." Whenever I ringed his company to get a hold of him, I could hear him say in the background to the receptionist "Say her I'm not here." I didn't know what I did wrong. All of a sudden my dad started hating me. I wonder if all those arguments were over me?

A week after my dad left, my mom decided to marry this man named Cyrus. I was strictly against this wedding but my mom didn't listen. I never bother to speak with Cyrus although he tries to be sweet, I just find him shady. It's currently my winter holidays and I want to get out of the busy streets of Manhattan and my unhealthy house atmosphere. I want to visit my grandma in the countryside so I could have some time to myself, to figure things out. All I've been doing for these 2 months is cry myself to sleep. Yes, it's been two months since my dad left me.

"Mom, please let me go. I promise when I come back I'll accept Cyrus as my new dad." I said, whispering the last bit. I can't believe I just lied to my mom on her face. A small smile appeared on my mom's lips as she said, "I'm proud of you, baby. You can go but ring me everyday."

I squealed in happiness. "Thank you, thank you, thank you Mom you're the best." I quickly said and kissed her cheek. I rushed upstairs to get my stuff packed. I must pack warm clothes since it will be really cold in the countryside. I wonder how will I tell my grandma everything. Hopefully, she'd take things easy.

Here we go, a much needed break.
.
.
.
.
Author's note:
Hey guys! This is my first story ever. Do you guys want me to continue? Please vote and comment. I love you all ❤️