Prologue

An apartment door unlocks and opens. Light sweeps in from the outside hallway and a hand reaches over to flick on the apartment light. A young woman stands there, dressed unusually light for the cold, November weather. The average person would have been wearing a sweater, hat, scarf, and gloves in New York in November. But, she just had on a long-sleeved shirt, jeans, tennis shoes and a woolen cap. 

The woman looks about her apartment and closes the door behind her. She walks into the kitchenette, throws her keys onto the counter and opens the fridge to grab a yogurt. She sits down at her little table and takes off the woolen cap to let paper white hair fall past her shoulders.

From the kitchen table, she had a straight view of the television in the living space. Next to her right hand is a TV remote, she pulls her sleeve past her hand before picking up the remote and turns on the TV. The news channel was already on, she watched it every morning, but nothing was happening. If anything was happening, she wouldn't be at her apartment. She changes the channel and stops at the sports, baseball, she changed the channel again.

"Today marks the 70th Anniversary of American Hero, Captain America's sacrifice in 1944."

She was just about to change the channel before she heard those words spoken from the television.

"Here we continue our program of Remembering Captain America and his help in the World War II effort. Previously we talked about Captain Steve Rogers himself, now we will meet his team."

The woman puts down the remote and continues to watch the program. 

A black and white film comes onto the screen, an old documented recording of Captain America and his team strategizing their next mission. To his right stood Sergeant James Barnes and to his left stood a young woman, at least at the age of 19. Even with the film being black and white, you could tell that her hair was paper white.

A small smile comes across the young woman's lips as she watches in her living room. Another film comes on the screen, this time it was the team in training. The film cuts to different scenes of them practicing hand to hand combat and shooting ranges. Then it cuts to the young girl standing in an empty room.

"Eleanor Flint, or known to her teammates and friends as Ellie. The youngest and only female of Captain America's team. Despite her young age and gender, she showed exceptional strength during the war effort." The narrator on TV commented. 

Eleanor Flint looked to the side, waiting for someone's command off camera. After receiving a cue she looked in front of her at a shooting range target shaped like a man. There seemed to be a little cut in the film before it showed Eleanor taking a handgun from her pocket and shooting the target in the chest. It then switched to Eleanor in combat training with another man, recognized to be Sergeant James Barnes. She dodged a punch from him before she kneeled down and swung out her leg to trip him. They laughed for a moment before Eleanor helped him up.

The film cuts to a woman sitting in a room, the film was in color, hinting that this was taken in later years. In the bottom left corner, text appeared. "Peggy Carter."

"Eleanor Flint, or Ellie as we called her, was a very talented girl, and very sweet. It was nice having a woman on the Captain's team, it was almost like having a sister. Her power showed many people that you should never underestimate a woman's strength, no matter their size or age." Peggy spoke. "Oftentimes she'd get homesick and at our headquarters, the team kept record albums that her parents would play at her house in Manhattan. They would play songs and take turns dancing with her, and that always cheered her up."

The woman in her apartment smiled again. Another clip came on the screen of Captain Rogers, Sergeant Barnes and Eleanor standing together and laughing.

"Unfortunately, a few years after Captain America's sacrifice, Eleanor Flint tragically died in a car accident on a rainy night in 1950." A picture came on screen of a car in a ditch that was completely totaled, no one would have a chance in surviving a crash like that.

The young woman in her apartment turns off the TV and looks down at her cup of yogurt to find it frozen.

"Damn," Eleanor Flint mutters.

Ellie's phone buzzes in her back pocket. She pulls her sleeve over her hand again and reaches back to check it.

'He's waking up. -NJF'

A/N: Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've published anything, I was working on another story, but I think I didn't put enough effort into it, and it didn't excite me to work on it, so here we go with a fresh story out of the oven... Or should I say fridge?
  Also big thanks to retrogrrl she's my Chief Editor, and whenever I have an idea I pass it by her and we brainstorm like crazy nerds until we have something we like, so thank you!