Chapter Six -The Royal Wedding-

The wedding is here!
Enjoy~

"Gosh, how much money have you spent on this so far?"

"Not enough." Levi remained completely unfazed by the beautifully decorated nursery. The fact he was willing to make a start on the resting room of our unborn child despite not knowing the gender proved just how hopelessly panicked he appeared to be. In all honesty, I found the gesture rather sweet. Unlike Levi's sunshine personality. I smiled inwardly to myself, but the stoic King did not take so kindly to my gesture. "Tsk," he scowled. "Smugness does not flatter you." His insult only added to my overpowering amusement over the scenery, and I simply lost all hold on my subtlety.

Levi swiftly lead me outside of the beloved nursery with an evident frown across his face. Seems he dislikes his joyous emotions exposed for all to see. "I'm sure you're aware of what day it is tomorrow." His words were futile of course; for everyone in the entire Kingdom knew the highly anticipated date. The date King Levi was never thought to experience. No amount of sheer brain power could predict the flowers, scenery, and blatant excitement over the most important wedding throughout the entire Kingdom.

The stoic King just so happened to catch my expression, and proceeded to tease the evident blush scattered across the tips of my cheeks. "You idiot," he mused. "Embarrassment suits you best." Despite his claims, Levi remained surprisingly calm over the thought of our wedding; almost as if the topic did not interest him. How strange. Levi sighed loudly, neatly adjusting his pristine cravat with worryingly accurate precision. "Tsk, I have somewhere to be. If you're fully rested, feel free to complete some paperwork. Don't worry about screwing up." Just hearing the word 'paperwork' spiked my interest in a matter of seconds. Levi never permits me to touch his 'taxes of the people.'

In this moment, his stress became painfully clear. His role as King had him mercilessly chained to the beating heart of his Kingdom. How worrying. Could he long for a suitable Queen to lessen the load of troubles and stresses to endure? Surely he is frustrated with me? "Quit the idiotic look. I've already told you embarrassment suits your face the best." Without another word, he disappeared into the morning rays. How troublesome. Fortunately, the hallways surrounding a nearby window distracted my weary eyes for a couple of blissful seconds.

The scenery surrounding the palace danced with colours of red, pink, and blue. A few servants sat resting against trees; unbeknownst to their unforgiving King. The relaxing atmosphere gently lulled me into a deep sense of security. A security only felt amongst the rice fields of Chi. Such tranquility would not last long, and a doubtful part of my heart knew this all too well. Just look at what happened to the rice fields: scorched and lost to a tragic fire.