Chapter 1

Aspen is in the media above. I do not own the photo nor the music video.

June 13, 2014 @Baseball Park

Aspen Hayes POV

I rounded third base heading for home at a high speed. I didn't know where the ball was and didn't care. I wanted to win this for my team. I got closer and closer to home plate. I went in for a reverse slide. I didn't know what had happened but the pain in my lower back told me I was hurt. The coaches and trainers ran out onto the feild.

"Aspen stay as still as you can. We are going to get you to the hospital." My coach said.

January 10th, 2016

Aspen Hayes POV

That day changed my life forever. Maybe I should have been worried about where the ball was. Then maybe it wouldn't have hit me in my back going 95mph. Leaving me paralyzed from the waist down.

"Come on Asp we have an interveiw to go to." My older brother Hunter said coming into my hotel room.

"No, you have an interveiw to go to." I corrected.

"Yeah, yeah just come on." He said wheeling me out.

We got to the radio station and already the amount of fans there was having to be contained by security. This is something I have become used to over the past 2 years. After my injury Hunter refused to let me sit in our parents house and sulk. He moved me out to Nashville with him and takes me everywhere he goes.

"Steve make sure no one hurts or knocks Aspen around." Hunter told his security guard.

"Don't I always." Steve said wheeling me down the ramp.

I guess you could say Steve was my security guard. Hunter always had him looking out for me. To say he was built was an uderstatment. Steve looked like he could be the Hulk.

"Okay, Aspen keep your head down you know the drill." Steve said.

"Okay." I said as he wheeled me closer to the crowd.

"Aspen! Aspen! Over here!" Some paparazzi yelled.

I continued to look down as we got closer to the door. Once we were in the building we waited for Hunter to finish taking pictures with his fans. Once he was done we went into the studio which wasn't really accessible for me. I stayed by the door trying to keep out the way.

"So we are here with Hunter Hayes today. So, Hunter we had some fans send in a few questions. Do you mind answering them?" The radio guy asked.

"No, not at all." Hunter said.

Hunter has this bad habit now of always looking over at me to make sure i'm okay.

"So Hunter, Ashley actually has a question for you sister Aspen. Can we get a microphone and head set over to her please." He said.

I was not used to answering questions. This was Hunter's thing.

"Okay, so Ashley's question to Aspen is."Did you ever want to persue music?""

"Uh, being younger then Hunter I really was determined not to follow in his footsteps. So, I just decided I was going to be the athlete of the family." I said.

"She can sing by the way. Just can't get her to do anything with that voice" Hunter said.

........

After the interveiw we went back to the hotel. I was in Hunter's room playing on my phone.

"When is your next doctors appt?" Hunter asked.

"End of the month." I said.

"The CMA awards is this weekend. So Libby wants to take you dress shopping." He said.

"You know I hate dress shopping." I said.

"I know but I told the shop already. They will make it as easy as possible for you." He said.

"Okay, I'll go but I won't like it." I said.

"Didn't expect you to." He said walking out the room.

Hope you guys like it. Remember to Vote, comment and share. I welcome feedback and ideas.

Editied 01/13/18